March 2013 Moms

xp pumping at work question

I'm working this summer 2 days a week and my summer job is hourly (not salary) - I assumed I would be taking breaks and not getting paid to pump at work, but if I was salaried, there would be no difference.

Anyone else hourly and pumping? How is it working out for you?

My little man at 0-1-2
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

Re: xp pumping at work question

• I was with DS1 and will be again w/ DS2.  I did something work related on my netbook while I pumped handsfree, so I considered that justified to stay on the clock.  If I truly did nothing work-related, I would "clock out"-- I have to meet productivity requirements (face-to-face billable time w/ clients) while I'm on the clock so it did not behoove me to stay on the clock while not working.  I always tried to have something to do, though, because I didn't want my day to get too long as I was in a hurry to get home to my baby.  
  • I'm hourly and I do not "clock out" to pump. I pump three times at work and one of those is during lunch so that one is unpaid time. It is not expected that I should. I figure people spend time chatting with coworkers etc at my work place on the clock so for me to duck away for 20 minutes to feed my kid is acceptable too. However if they wanted me to clock out I could understand that too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am hourly and pump 3 times at work, one of which is during my lunch break. My supervisor said that I did not need to clock out for the morning and afternoon sessions.

Last I recalled about hourly- don't you get a 15 minute break for a certain amount of hours worked? My current job isn't as strict about clocking in/out, but in my last hourly position I'd get a 15 minute break in the morning and afternoon on top of my lunch break. Maybe talk with your supervisor and see how your schedule should be set up, because you maybe should be getting those breaks per employment laws. 

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"