July 2012 Moms
Options

Anyone else off of bottles?

Liam just turned 11 months.  We had a check up with the GI doctor and he said he wanted him to start milk.  We tried with the bottles and it didn't go well.  So we just cold turkey went to sippy cups.  He gets three sippy cups of milk with each meal and then two sippy cups of water for snacks.  

I don't know why, but I feel like I am doing something wrong. 

ETA-Sippy cup=straw cups.  Zero reason for me to have edited this. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Anyone else off of bottles?

• Options

Sounds perfect to me!

We haven't really started working off the bottle.  I'm sort of nervous about it, for some reason.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm jealous. That's all. I can't get Dagny to drink hardly any milk out of her cup.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    elizdgelizdg member
    We are completely off bottles and formula. We did it pretty much how you described, too and it's worked out fine!
  • Options

imagemrsmckinky:
    Yes, we have made the switch.  Although Dex is a real peach at night when he doesn't get the bottle.  DH hates that I cut out bottles with weaning, but I figured dragging all of it out would be worse in the end....who knows.  Maybe I've irreparably damaged him.

I worried about night, but since he is always a real peach at night I haven't noticed a difference!  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We will be going cold turkey off bottles as soon as we're done with BM... She makes a frigging mess every time. I will not have pumped that shizzzz just to have it dumped all over my carpet.

• Options
    imagemightybee:

imageBubbaJug:
    We will be going cold turkey off bottles as soon as we're done with BM... She makes a frigging mess every time. I will not have pumped that shizzzz just to have it dumped all over my carpet.

I thought you'd go straight to the jugs for her! 

Omigawd! That is a way better idea. Way more efficient. She can just wear it around her neck like a St. Bernard. 

• Options
    Sound like your doing it right to me! LO cut down on nursing big time. He nurses in the morning and gets 3 sippys with WCM in them at meals. Last night he didnt even want to nurse at night... So I know what you mean about how it doesn't feel right! It doesnt feel like its enough, but it is. They are just growing up! They are big kids now!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"