Multiples
Options

Snacks/Gift Ideas - Fellow MoM

Good Morning Ladies!

A co-worker of mine's wife delivered g/g twins on Monday evening via C-section and I thought about how much I loved when friends and family brought over food/snacks.

Any ideas on what would be a good idea to send home with my co-worker?  I don't think a meal makes sense as it would have to sit in the office all day but I was thinking maybe some quick grab-and-go snacks.

Thoughts on making a trail mix for her?  Any recipes for a good 'post partum' trail mix?  I was thinking of mixing it and puting it in a glass cannister with a pink ribbon.

Also, I wanted to send a few different items but am stumped as to what she might really want/need right now (sad as I just got out of it!). 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Snacks/Gift Ideas - Fellow MoM

• Options

A good water bottle (or 2 so she can keep one cooling in the fridge at all times).  I like this one because it is spill proof and one handed to drink: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003KZKDRW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Lactation cookies if she is nursing, so yummy and helps keep up her supply: (I double the chocolate chips and eliminate the nuts) https://www.drmomma.org/2010/08/major-milk-makin-lactation-cookies.html

A gift card to the local pizza/chinese delivery joint

We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz

• Options
    I like the trail mix idea.  Granola bars are always good because you can grab and eat them quickly.  I like the idea of a pizza gift card.  I always love getting homemade chocolate chip cookies.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    cadencaden member
    Someone sent me a basket of baked goods (danishes and stuff) and it was awesome to have something easy to eat in the morning b/c that was such a hectic time and I would never have made myself breakfast.
  • Options
    For needed items, its hard to go wrong with wipes, diapers, or chocolates. : Aside from that, maybe gift cards to their favorite take out or delivery place or, if she's the type who'd really appreciate it, a spa gift card for when she's recovered and needs mommy alone time.
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"