TTC After a Loss

Throat punch

2»

Re: Throat punch

• imagewellybean:
    imagesamjen2010:

Wow. That's so rude. That's basically what my doctor said to me when my mmc was discovered. Needless to say, I'll be switching OB's for my next pregnancy.

Edit: Added last sentence. 

That's awful, especially for a doctor to have such little tact.  I don't blame you, I'd be switching too. 

I would switch, what a horrible bedside manner.

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagesamjen2010:
    imageellajune2012:

imagesnegde:
    imageBethDerek:
    First of all, I'd complain to Samp;S if I were you!My TP....I'd like to TP my exstepmother. I posted about it being our wedding anniversary yesterday on FB and this stupid woman posts, "Happy anniversary! When are you going to start having babies????"nbsp; She's done that before, and the last time, I deleted her comments and told her I had deleted them when she asked what happened. This time was worse, though for obvious reasons. I desperately wanted to message her and be like, "Well, we thought we were having a baby until they had to cut it out of my fallopian tube two weeks ago," just to make her feel like an assshole, but I decided against it. Grr. I really should just delete her, or at least limit what she can see from me.Oh, and ps....the weather was fine for the Sox game last night. :
    so sorry! I would have a hard time not saying something too.

You should reply back on FB:
    Thanks!! When are you going to hit menopause? ...oh, I'm sorry, I thought we were asking inappropriate questions about our uteruses.

Totally should. I recently told a friend she lost ute knowledge privileges. 

Was it the crazy nosey one you were talking about the other day?

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
     All AL welcome.

• Loading the player...
  • imageSerenla:
    imagethomas930:
    Serenla,that sucks! Inbsp;Beth, I'm so sorry. I would have said exactly that, if I were in your shoes. How insensitive!nbsp;Now for my TP. TP to my a friend on FB for complaining everyday about her pregnancy. I totally called her out yesterday for complaining about having her csection date change from 37 weeks to 38. I thought I had hid her status updates but I guess I didn't.nbsp;
    FB can be a mine field at times.

This is very true.  After my D&C I posted that I was snuggled on the couch with a pint of Ben & Jerry's.  One of my friends commented "Are you Pregnant?I".

I just said "sadly, no." and left it at that. 

Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• imageMustardseed2007:
    Tp my doctors office. I had lab work yesterday and then that afternoon they call me to come in for one additional test. y'all know I have to pay to park at your office right? And of course now that I'm here the morning staff has to refigure out what test I'm here for. I've been waiting almost 20 minutes in the blood draw chair. Also tp myself. I should've known this was going to happen and written down exactly what lab work they wanted apparently and of course clotting disorder isn't descriptive enough.

Oh, that sucks.   

Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• imageBeth&Derek:
    imageWifeofaComposer:

The bolded is absolutely true. One of my best friends has a horrid daughter-in-law. I became friends with her to keep in the loop with my friend's family. I had to "unfriend" that girl after 3 months because of her pretentious, unwarranted posts every hour, saying that her pregnancy is so perfect because she does "this" and "that" right and takes such good care of herself. I sent her a private message to tell her that I was going to have to hide her status updates because they were hurtful to me, and her reply was, "Sorry your baby died, but you should be happy for me that mine is still alive because I take great care of myself and stay healthy". And then, that snotty little b!tch started posting on my friend's wall, so it was still in my face. Thankfully, my friend put the kibosh on that quickly.

Holy. Crap. I would've lost my sh!t.

Holy Crap is right! That's unbelievable! Douchecanoe.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic

~Amanda
    All are welcome in my posts

• imageBeth&Derek:

First of all, I'd complain to S&S if I were you!

My TP....I'd like to TP my ex-stepmother. I posted about it being our wedding anniversary yesterday on FB and this stupid woman posts, "Happy anniversary! When are you going to start having babies????"  She's done that before, and the last time, I deleted her comments and told her I had deleted them when she asked what happened. This time was worse, though for obvious reasons. I desperately wanted to message her and be like, "Well, we thought we were having a baby until they had to cut it out of my fallopian tube two weeks ago," just to make her feel like an assshole, but I decided against it. Grr. I really should just delete her, or at least limit what she can see from me.

Oh, and ps....the weather was fine for the Sox game last night. :)

I'm sorry she did that. ((HUGS))

After 4 years, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs our surprise miracle is here!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

TTC # 2 BFP 03/02/13 = CP, BFP 05/14/13 = CP, BFP 08/09/13 = CP

RPL testing = normal

TI Cycle #1, 50 clomid days 3-7, 150 iu Follistim days 8-11 = BFP! EDD May 22, 2014

Betas: 13 DPO = 79, 15 DPO = 149, 19 DPO = 788, 22 DPO = 2031

• imagemandiroo:
    imageBeth&Derek:
    imageWifeofaComposer:

The bolded is absolutely true. One of my best friends has a horrid daughter-in-law. I became friends with her to keep in the loop with my friend's family. I had to "unfriend" that girl after 3 months because of her pretentious, unwarranted posts every hour, saying that her pregnancy is so perfect because she does "this" and "that" right and takes such good care of herself. I sent her a private message to tell her that I was going to have to hide her status updates because they were hurtful to me, and her reply was, "Sorry your baby died, but you should be happy for me that mine is still alive because I take great care of myself and stay healthy". And then, that snotty little b!tch started posting on my friend's wall, so it was still in my face. Thankfully, my friend put the kibosh on that quickly.

Holy Crap is right! That's unbelievable! Douchecanoe.

GRRR. That is ridiculous!!! What a twatwaffle! Major TP to her!

married my best friend 10/04/08, TTC since July 2012
    BFP#1 Thanksgiving 11/22/12, mo-mo twins(one sac), traditional EDD 7/27/13, EDD due to risk 6/15/13
    mmc Angel 2/7/13 @ 15w3d, mmc Aubrey 2/13/13 @ 16w2d, D&E 2/16/13

BFP#2 9/21/13, EDD 6/2/14, DD born 5/17/14 

imageimage image

All AL always welcome in my threads!

• imageBeth&Derek:
    imageWifeofaComposer:

I am so sorry someone was ignorant enough to ever say/write something so hurtful to you. That brings tears to my eyes to think that people think this way.

After 4 years, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs our surprise miracle is here!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

TTC # 2 BFP 03/02/13 = CP, BFP 05/14/13 = CP, BFP 08/09/13 = CP

RPL testing = normal

TI Cycle #1, 50 clomid days 3-7, 150 iu Follistim days 8-11 = BFP! EDD May 22, 2014

Betas: 13 DPO = 79, 15 DPO = 149, 19 DPO = 788, 22 DPO = 2031

• I have one for today!  TP to the stupid lady on FB who wrote in her status "So, I have a really serious questions for you...I wrote a letter of bereavement to a couple who recently had a stillbirth. In response, they sent me a card and enclosed a picture of their deceased son - is that something people normally do?  Take pictures of the deceased?  Believe it or not, I've never been to a funeral, so I don't know."

Then more TP to some of the responses:

"Let me just speak to this --- no, this is bizarre.  It's even bizarre for my southern, backwoods, sitting-up-with-dead tradition people.  Just straight up strange." (to which someone liked)

What upsets me even more is that she's 46 and used to be an author for Focus on the Family.  

My sister replied to the status, which is how I saw it, and mentioned Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep and stuck up for loss moms.  

This woman just needs to be yelled at and straightened out.  And I hope and pray that the people she's referring to are not on FB!!  

That's all, thanks for letting me vent. 

BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • imagePatientlyWaiting10:
    I have one for today! nbsp;TP to the stupid lady on FB who wrote in her status "So, I have a really serious questions for you...I wrote a letter of bereavement to a couple who recently had a stillbirth. In response, they sent me a card and enclosed a picture of their deceased son is that something people normally do? nbsp;Take pictures of the deceased? nbsp;Believe it or not, I've never been to a funeral, so I don't know."Then more TP to some of the responses: "Let me just speak to this no, this is bizarre. nbsp;It's even bizarre for my southern, backwoods, sittingupwithdead tradition people. nbsp;Just straight up strange." to which someone likedWhat upsets me even more is that she's 46 and used to be an author for Focus on the Family. nbsp;My sister replied to the status, which is how I saw it, and mentioned Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep and stuck up for loss moms. nbsp;This woman just needs to be yelled at and straightened out. nbsp;And I hope and pray that the people she's referring to are not on FB!! nbsp;That's all, thanks for letting me vent.nbsp;

This is NOT something you blast all over FB! How people move through their grief is not something you judge. Good for your sister, I hope she wasn't the only voice of sanity in that post.

All AL welcome.

• imageQfrump:
    imagePatientlyWaiting10:

I have one for today!  TP to the stupid lady on FB who wrote in her status "So, I have a really serious questions for you...I wrote a letter of bereavement to a couple who recently had a stillbirth. In response, they sent me a card and enclosed a picture of their deceased son - is that something people normally do?  Take pictures of the deceased?  Believe it or not, I've never been to a funeral, so I don't know."

Then more TP to some of the responses:

"Let me just speak to this --- no, this is bizarre.  It's even bizarre for my southern, backwoods, sitting-up-with-dead tradition people.  Just straight up strange." (to which someone liked)

What upsets me even more is that she's 46 and used to be an author for Focus on the Family.  

My sister replied to the status, which is how I saw it, and mentioned Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep and stuck up for loss moms.  

This woman just needs to be yelled at and straightened out.  And I hope and pray that the people she's referring to are not on FB!!  

That's all, thanks for letting me vent. 

So rude!  I probably would have been surprised to get a photo, but I would have respected that they wanted to share it with me.  I certainly would not have blasted it on facebook.  A girl I knew from high school published a picture of her stillborn in the newspaper with an obituary.  It's just like remembering any other lost loved one.  

It is absolutely like remembering any lost loved one.  The couple my sister knows who lost there little one at full term posted their pictures on FB.  He is absolutely beautiful.  

I think being a loss mom it puts a whole different perspective on things. Someone who has never had to experience it doesn't know.  I don't know what a full term loss feels like but I feel like I would want to do the same thing as the people did.  The baby is still their precious baby and they deserve to be proud of their sweet little one.  Ugh.  Still very upset about it...

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

• imageQfrump:

imagePatientlyWaiting10:

still very upset about it... 

((HUG))  Are you going to send her a note about it?   

edit: quoting mishap 

I'm not actually friends with her; I don't even know who she is.  My sister commented on the status and it came up in my newsfeed so that's why I saw it. This lady's profile was not private so I snooped around a little more to find out her previous position and how old she was (thinking if she was really young I'd maybe not be as upset about it).  

I really do feel like sending her a PM even though she doesn't know me but I probably won't.  I'm going to be with my sister all of next week starting tonight so maybe I will talk to her and see what she has to say about this woman.  

All are welcome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"