3rd Trimester
Options

induction at 39w

any ladies out there that had their babies at 39w via induction? How big was baby?
Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: induction at 39w

• Options
    My 1st was an induction at 39 weeks 6 days and he was 9lbs 1oz.
    imageimageimageimage

• Options
    Why are they making you induce at 39 weeks?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    8lbs 4oz. 39 weeks 1 day.

• Options

big baby...I have had big babies in the past and they havent ever brought up induction- then again they didnt know my babies were going to be big until they came out! my 1st was 9lbs5oz born at 41w and second was 8lbs7oz born at 40w5d...they thought both would be 5 or 6lbs before birth.

The only reason I am considering it is because I have been measuring really big and with my 1st one he pooped when he was inside of me because he was stressed...right after birth he had to be put on oxygen for 6.5hrs but ended up ok

• Options

I was induced at 39 weeks 5 days and he was 8lbs 2oz.

Induced for severe swelling and increased BP.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imagemrsdkemp:

big baby...I have had big babies in the past and they havent ever brought up induction- then again they didnt know my babies were going to be big until they came out! my 1st was 9lbs5oz born at 41w and second was 8lbs7oz born at 40w5d...they thought both would be 5 or 6lbs before birth.

The only reason I am considering it is because I have been measuring really big and with my 1st one he pooped when he was inside of me because he was stressed...right after birth he had to be put on oxygen for 6.5hrs but ended up ok

A big baby isn't a reason for an induction. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagemrsf123:
    imagemrsdkemp:

A big baby isn't a reason for an induction. 

This. ACOG doesn't even recommend induction for large babies:
    "Suspected fetal macrosomia is not an indication for induction of labor, because induction does not improve maternal or fetal outcomes." (https://www.aafp.org/afp/2001/0701/p169.html)

Also, induction is actually going to increase the risk of the baby passing meconium. Induced labor is much harder on mom and baby. 

Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I was sent for an induction after my 39 week appt. due to pre-eclampsia with DD. After 2 doses of Cervadil and a pit drip, baby was in distress and they did an emergency C-section.  The docs predicted she would be around 8 or 9 pds, boy, they were wrong..she was only 6 pds 7 oz
    Cheryl (26) Andy (25) Married 1 year as of 8-17-13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

7lbs, 6ozs. I'd avoid it at all costs,  worst experience of my life. 16 hours of hard labor before I started severely bleeding. Ended with an emergency csection. 

Note, I also had two doses of cervadil and pit drip.  

• Options
    I was induced with both my sons at 39 weeks. My first son was 8lbs 6 ozs and my second son was 9lbs 7 ozs
  • Options

I do not know why the doctor told me that then.... like I said, I have had big babies and went overdue both times (same OB).....I have never been induced or had c section, so this is all new to me. I do not know why he would have reccomended it. I see him Wednesday for my 36w, so I will get more answers then.

I do not think I will last that long anyway

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"