TTC After a Loss
Options

Period after a D & C

I had a D & C in April and spotted for about 4-5 weeks after then had a period that lasted 2 weeks and was pretty heavy for me. My doctor also ran blood test on me to see why I was bleeding for so long and my hormone level was still a little high when he ran it.    I was suppose to start my period on Tuesday (June 25) but nothing yet.  Then today I have had a little brown/red discharge when I wipe.  Just wondering how long it took for others to start having a normal cycle?

Re: Period after a D & C

• Options

How do you know you were supposed to have your period Tuesday? Do you know you ovulated?

I had my D&C February 15, I still have not ovulated or had a period that was not induced by Provera. It sucks, big time. So I have no answer for you, just know you are not alone and AL cycles are very unpredictable.

• Options
    You should have a look at the blog there are answers to these types of questions...

After my first dc it took 100 days...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagePink Camino:
    You should have a look at the blog there are answers to these types of questions... After my first dc it took 100 days...

Here is the link to the section of the blog that Pink was talking about:

https://ttcalblog.blogspot.com/p/for-newbies.html

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I agree with other posters...it took me about 50 days to get my first true AF after my d&c. After that, I started temping and using opks again so I could see where my cycles were going to go after the pregnancy and d&c.

charting can really help you. If you're not already. Check out fertility friend (in my siggy) if you're interested.

Gl!  

• Options

Everyone is different, I had a DnC on Feb 22 and AF came back 5 weeks later.  I have heard other ladies on here that have gone a lot longer and some have had to have Dr help.  

Cycles are crazy after MC/DnC.  Not sure how you know that you are suppose to have AF on June 25 because after DnC your normal is not your normal anymore.  

My cycles are longer now than they were before.  Every month has been different.

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options

imagelchojnicki:
    I had a D & C in April and spotted for about 4-5 weeks after then had a period that lasted 2 weeks and was pretty heavy for me. My doctor also ran blood test on me to see why I was bleeding for so long and my hormone level was still a little high when he ran it.    I was suppose to start my period on Tuesday (June 25) but nothing yet.  Then today I have had a little brown/red discharge when I wipe.  Just wondering how long it took for others to start having a normal cycle?

Is your doctor following your hCG down to 0 with more blood tests? 

Me: 36 yo, TTC #1 since Feb. 2012
    BFP #1, 3/12, EDD 11/9/12, MMC 3/27/12, D&C 4/10/12

BFP #2: 11/16/12, EDD 7/25/13, MMC 12/5/12, D&C 12/6/12, Complete molar pregnancy confirmed 2/9/13, benched for 6 months until  August 2013

IUI #1, 8/16/13 Femara + Menopur, 3 mature follicles, BFN
    IUI #2 (back-to-back, 9/12/13 and 9/13/13) Femara + Menopur, four mature follicles, BFFN
    IUI #3, 10/8/13 Femara + Menopur, six mature follicles, BFN

BFP #3, 12/9/2013, while on treatment break, EDD: 8/22/2014  Please stick and grow, LO!

Additional Dx: hypothyroidism, TgAb positive & anti-TPO positive, POR/DOR (2/2013), and suspected endometriosis

******All AL always welcome******

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"