Military Families

Richmond Hill area

I had a post on here about a month ago saying we are PCSing to Ft. Stewart and inquiring about areas to live in. Richmond Hill was the top recommendation. I have been searching for rental apartments and townhouses but I am not finding much. The couple of places I did see didn't accept pets and we have a 90 lb dog. Other searches for Richmond Hill put me in Savannah, which according to the map is a 50 minute drive to base one way. We are trying to avoid Hinesville because of it not being the best of areas to live. Does anyone know about rentals in Richmond Hill? Is there another nice area that's closer? T.I.A. for your reply.
DeterminedBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Richmond Hill area

• I really don't know about any rentals in Richmond Hill. Have you tried looking at property companies (century 21, etc) for rentals? There absolutely nothing closer unfortunately. Honestly, in my opinion, Richmond Hill is too far of a drive. It takes about half an hour one way and that's if there's no accidents or slow traffic (about 15 of those miles are on a one lane road).  Good luck!

View Full Size Image 
    View Full Size Image View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Have you looked into Midway? That's where we live. 
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Have you tried looking on www.militarybyowner.com and www.ahrn.com. Whenever we move we start with both of these sites and I've sold one house and rented another through MBO.
  • I haven't looked into the midway area.  How do you like it? Is it a nice place? How far from base are you?
  • I haven't tried the militarybyowner site. Thank for recommending it.
  • Richmond Hill is the nicer of the areas.  However, there are a few other areas.  I would look into Midway, Pembroke, Allenhurst and Walthourville.  The outskirts of Ludowici and Glenville aren't a bad commute either. I wouldn't go for the center of town, because that would be too far out.  Outskirts would be best.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Any luck in finding a place?
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"