New York Babies
Options

Donating breast milk?

My daughter won't drink the breast milk I've pumped and frozen. I've called all the local hospitals and they don't accept donations. Does anyone here know where I can donate my milk? I'd hate to see it all go down the drain.
?"All I want is what I have coming to me. All I want is my fair share."
Visit The Nest! image
Anniversary
GP buddy to blenderdance
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Donating breast milk?

• Options
    The Hudson Valley Milk Bank
  • Options
    eve34eve34 member

St. Barnabas in NJ may be able to help. They use a milk bank from another state. Also, I hate to suggest this but apparently couples adopting newborns or having babies by surrogate will pay you for breast milk. You can connect with them online.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

You  can also donate through Helping Hands Milk Bank. You can donate from the comfort of your own home and don't ever have to leave to get tested or ship the milk. They also send $1/qualified oz to support breast cancer research, and you can get $300 back for the cost of your breast pump. All of the milk goes to Prolacta where it is made into life-saving human milk products prescribed by Neonatalogists for the tiniest babies who are struggling in the NICU. Here's where you go to donate: https://helpinghandsbank.com/breast-milk-donation-application-061913/

Best of Luck!! 

• Options
    imageashleyatprolacta:

You  can also donate through Helping Hands Milk Bank. You can donate from the comfort of your own home and don't ever have to leave to get tested or ship the milk. They also send $1/qualified oz to support breast cancer research, and you can get $300 back for the cost of your breast pump. All of the milk goes to Prolacta where it is made into life-saving human milk products prescribed by Neonatalogists for the tiniest babies who are struggling in the NICU. Here's where you go to donate: https://helpinghandsbank.com/breast-milk-donation-application-061913/

Best of Luck!! 

FYI...Helping Hands takes your donated breast milk and sells it.  It is not donated to needy families.  I looked into BM donation and came across Helping Hands.  However when I found out they take my donated milk and sell it for a profit I decided to pass.  I now give my excess BM to a friend who went back to work and can't breast feed.  Look in their FAQ section and they disclose they sell the milk. You may also want to check out the following site...

https://amywest.co/2011/06/23/swindled-the-ugly-side-of-milk-donation-prolacta/

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    eve34eve34 member
    I just read about the site human milk 4 babies. You can connect with other moms looking for breastmilk through their local Facebook groups. 
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies! I *think* I found someone, via a FB group for moms donating/looking for donated milk. 
    ?"All I want is what I have coming to me. All I want is my fair share."
    Visit The Nest! image
    Anniversary
    GP buddy to blenderdance
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"