March 2013 Moms

bouncy seat naps....

Right now when LO gets fussy, we tend to put him in his boucy seat to help calm him down and fall asleep if he is over tired. Otherwise we rock him in the rocking chair if that doesn't work.

We are starting to think of what to do for getting him scheduled for naps and more or less nap in his crib during the day than just at nighttime. How do I go about transitioning for the morning/afternoon hours?

Re: bouncy seat naps....

• When we first started naps in the crib, I used a similar routine to bedtime.  Blinds shut, white noise, swaddle and I would nurse her to sleep just like we do at night.  It works well to get her down but she will still only nap for 45 minutes in the crib and will do 2 hours in the swing so I still use the swing for afternoon naps when her sister is also sleeping.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • mnj05mnj05 member
    DS has been napping in his swing for a long time and just yesterday I decided to try out the crib. I swaddle him like I do at night and just laid him down. When he started crying I let him go no longer than 5 minutes, then put his paci back in and he was out within another 10 minutes. He did that for all of his naps yesterday and so far today as well. I'm also hoping this helps when we transition his nighttime sleep to the crib next week.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• Loading the player...
  • We started by trying to get LO to take naps in her pack-n-play in the room we were in before giving upand moving her to the swing.  Then, all of a sudden it seemed, she doesn't like the swing anymore, and now she will take naps in the pack-n-play or her crib.

Sometimes, seems like we just need to wait for them to be ready :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"