Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Anyone else?

Okay, so is anyone else going through this? Advice?

My LO STTN from 9pm to 8 am then eats and goes back to sleep until 9 or 10 am and is then up for the day. So she is sleeping 12 to 13 hours a night.

This makes naps particularly hard during the day. She sleeps so much during the night, that her naps are more like cat naps than real naps. This would be fine with me, expect she seems to be tired and cranky still when she wakes up.

Her naps are anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes. She sleeps best in my arms, but I have been trying really hard to let her nap on her own by setting her down. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The other difficult part is she is a very light sleeper, so people talking wake her up if we are out and about.

This makes nap time even shorter. I was going to try n start sleep training in a month or so, but how do I expect to do this when naps are so short!? I feel like she needs the quick naps to get through the day, so she isn't overtired, but based off her sleepy signals, she is still tired and not ready to wake up.

She is able to put herself to sleep at night, so its not a self soothe issue.

Anyone else have a kiddo like this, advice on how to make nap time longer and more efficient?

Thanks!
Me: 30 | DH:34
Married: 08/04/12
DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

Re: Anyone else?

• No advice, but I'm curious to read responses. I could have written this WORD.FOR.WORD!!
    photo 606e6a9295ea7ed21bede1d01b391656.jpg Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Babies transition through light and deep sleep somewhere on the 20-40 minute area. MANY babies cannot stay asleep during the transition and wake up at that point. As they get older they are able to.  

My son was a 30 minute mapper to the minute and took 4-5 naps a day for a long time. He also did not do well sleeping out and about so it really sucked. But there was nothing I could do about it. Somewhere around 5 months he began taking longer naps. He now naps at least one hour, usually two and take s2-3 naps a day. He still has days when he takes half hour naps and is cranky but they are maybe once a week.  

My point is that it is normal and that only time will smooth it out, so just hang in there! I never had to sleep train baby Z, so don't just assume you'll have to.  Even if you do sleep train, read up on it and make sure your baby is ready for it.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"