Military Families

First Pregnancy and Alone

Hello Ladies, 

So I was just wondering if anyone had any advice for me or had been in my situation. My husband and I are stationed in Jacksonville (6 hours from any family) and he just left for deployment a month ago and wont return before our baby comes. This is my first pregnancy and I dont have any friends or family in Jacksonville. I am due 11/14/13 and my mother is coming from germany the 9th through the 30th. If the baby comes early, I am nervous about being completely alone. Has anyone gone through something similar and have any advice for me. This is such an exciting time for us but I am also very nervous about the baby coming early and being alone.

Re: First Pregnancy and Alone

• Congratulations on your pregnancy!

It sounds to me like you need to start building your support network.  Check with your base to see what services they provide.  Get involved with your husband's Family Readiness Group.  Help others who need help.  Make friends.  Not only will this make things easier (or less difficult) when you deliver, but it will help the time pass while YH is deployed.

FWIW, MH was deployed when I was about 30 weeks along.  He redeployed when our DS was nine months old.  It's challenging, but you'll get through it.

Best of luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats on your pregnancy! I am sorry you have to go through this alone, it's never easy to be in a new place alone.  Just as PP said reach out to your FRG for sure.  Also there is a program for Military spouses with deployed husbands that offer free Douala services so no matter what happens there will be someone there supporting you through labor.  The website is https://www.operationspecialdelivery.com/ sorry it's not clicky I'm on a mac.

Also if you mean the Jacksonville in FL and not GA,  I'm in St. Augustine, FL which is about 40 min. south of Jacksonville, FL, my husband is stationed at JAX.  If you ever want someone to talk to or a shoulder to cry on don't hesitate to ask.  I'm not a psycho I promise Big Smile

• Loading the player...
  • Bexx24Bexx24 member

Ya, contact your Family Readiness people and let them know and they can hook you up with all kinds of resources. If you're being seen at a military hospital they have a lot of experience with that situation as well and can point you in the right direction.

Our base has a program called New Parent Support Program that does a big old list of services, including phone advise and home visits, lactation help, etc...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"