July 2013 Moms

PSA--FWIW

Ladies,

Please remember that you can edit a previous post with any updates you have.  Simply edit the OP and write something like "BUMP" or "See OP" as the last response and you'll bump the post to the top of the page (as long as you sort "last post") which I think most do. 

EDIT--Here's my update. Stick out tongue

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: PSA--FWIW

• For me, it wouldn't bump to the top unless I made a new reply on the Outside Babies thread. Editing the original post didn't move it in the response listing. (Maybe I was doing it wrong?)
  • imageEagleWife:
    For me, it wouldn't bump to the top unless I made a new reply on the Outside Babies thread. Editing the original post didn't move it in the response listing. (Maybe I was doing it wrong?)

Edit your OP.

Then

Make a reply (like you did to this thread) with something as simple as 'BUMP" (or anything, really) and it should bump to the top. 

• Loading the player...
  • Does this only work on the computer? I tried with the mobile app but it didn't work. Maybe I'll try from the website on my phone. 

ETA: I tried to do it, but it still didn't work. I can't figure it out. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • BUMP
  • imagemommy grams:

Does this only work on the computer? I tried with the mobile app but it didn't work. Maybe I'll try from the website on my phone. 

ETA: I tried to do it, but it still didn't work. I can't figure it out. 

I hardly ever post on mobile, so I don't know.  You're technically posting 2 times.  Once in your OP to add your updates and then again in a reply to your own thread.

• imageMrsErinH:
    Thanks for the PSA but a lot of us don't sort by last post date. I guess it's the best we can get though.

It's an easy thing to do Wink

• Thanks for the help!

• Thanks for the help...on the bottom of the mobile site it has that option too. Going to try it now.

ETA: it worked, yeah! So if others don't change their sort will the update still bump to the top of their list? Just curious, my thread really isn't that big of a deal, I just added a few more details based on comments.

• imageKdgTeacher:

imageEagleWife:
    For me, it wouldn't bump to the top unless I made a new reply on the Outside Babies thread. Editing the original post didn't move it in the response listing. (Maybe I was doing it wrong?)

Edit your OP.

Then

Make a reply (like you did to this thread) with something as simple as 'BUMP" (or anything, really) and it should bump to the top. 

Doh! Gotcha. :) Thanks.  

• imageKdgTeacher:

imageMrsErinH:
    Thanks for the PSA but a lot of us don't sort by last post date. I guess it's the best we can get though.

It's an easy thing to do Wink

Since I started sorting this way, I also find that it's an easier way to see what all the "hot topic" threads are. Lots of comments keeps a thread at the top. :) 

• Oops... Sorry! I don't sort by last post though, in my weak defense!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickersimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"