Multiples

Twin b problem

So I haven't posted in awhile. I guess we've been in shock. I'm currently 20 weeks with boy/ girl twins. Around 12 weeks our OB thought twin b our baby girl might have an amniotic band and referred us to a MFM. Turned out there was fluid at the back of her neck. This prompted the MFM to give us a Materni21 test. Our daughter came back positive for trisomy 13. Meanwhile they started seeing other things wrong with her. At our 17 week ultrasound the dr said her heart does not have 4 chambers, and her brain is not splitting into 2 hemispheres. These defects are both consistent with trisomy 13. Basically the dr told us to prepare to lose our daughter. Even if she is born, most children with trisomy 13 only live a few hours. We see the MFM again on Thursday. Sorry this was so long, and thoughts or experience would be appreciated. It's hard not knowing what to prepare for.

Re: Twin b problem

• No advice or experience, just lots if (((hugs))) and healing thoughts.  There is a woman on PAL who recently TFMR with a similar, although not twin, situation.  I'm sure she'd be happy to be in contact with you.  Her name is QuigleyCat.  I'm so sorry you have to go through this.
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am so sry to hear this. There is a blog of a mothers story and her daughter who was also born with this. Her daughter is alive and has lived a wonderful life this past year filled with love and joy.
    I wish I could remember the name but I'm sure if you did some searching you could find it.
    Your in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't have any experience but my warmest thoughts and prayers are with you. Hugs!! 
    Fraternal twin boys born at 33 weeks 4 days Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry to hear you're going through such a difficult time. I can't begin to imagine how hard this must be for you. No experience here, but I just want to share that my thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • I don't have any experience but want to send tons of thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry hon. (((((hugs)))))
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • I'm so sorry about your daughter.I really have no advice but my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm so sorry. Prayers for you and your family.
    Saving money while raising more kids than you bargained for! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • It's so hard.  It is not fair and my heart goes out to you and your husband.  Prayers for your baby girl.

D & L are here at 34 weeks 4 days by vaginal and breech delivery on 11/19/2013
    Two healthy boys weighing 4 lbs 15 ozs and 4 lbs 5 ozs.  Only 6 days in the NICU and getting bigger, stronger and cuter every day! 
  • I am so sorry and will be sending prayers your way...

Ticker/Siggy Warning:  Children and losses mentioned

TTC #1 since 7/2011
    ME: 37  DH: 38
    SA-12/28/11-normal
    HSG-1/16/12-possible blocked left tube
    BFP#1---CP 7/9/12
    Hysteroscopy-8/9/12-blocked left tube for sure, proceeding with IUI#1
    IUI#1 (Gonal-F + trigger)=BFP#2 m/c @ 19w1d D&E 1/23/13
    IUI #2 (Gonal F + trigger)=BFP#3 EDD 1/6/14 TWINS!!!
    Identical girls born 11/17/13
    BFP#4 EDD 8/27/15 MMC at 7w6d

BFP#5 m/c at 6w

BFP#6 EDD 10/5/16  Going Strong!  It's a Girl!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• I do not have experience with this either, but wanted to send thoughts and prayers your way during this time...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • T&P coming your way. I'm so sorry to hear this. 
  • I am so very sorry you're going through this. I had an early miscarriage due to T13. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"