LGBT Parenting

Ovidrel?

Anyone use it?  How did it go?

Re: Ovidrel?

• I used it for 3 cycles and it worked out fine. It's not hard to administer either and im super scared of needles. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I used it for one cycle. I'm a wuss and had a friend administer it, but it was not a horrible drug to use in terms of side effects etc
    IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• Loading the player...
  • I used it for my first 2 cycles, then decided not to use it for the last 3 (2 of which resulted in pregnancies).  But, it was easy to use, and I don't recall any side effects.  I shared in another post that I think the Ovidrel caused me to ovulate too early.  When my doctor saw decent sized follicles, she wanted to go ahead and trigger.  When she gave us the option of not using it, my follicles grew much larger.  That's just my experience, though, and just my personal take on what happened (the doctor never told me that my ovulating on my own increased my chances or was the reason for our success).  It seems to be a great tool for many women.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Used it. My son just turned 6 months old. :
  • KH826KH826 member
    I have used it the last two cycles. Agree it is easy to use. My wife gives me the shot - it is a very small needle. No side effects for me. Only down side is the expense -- it is at least $100 out of pocket for most people. Good luck! 

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • I used it for 5 IUIs.  None of them worked, but I think it helped with timing.  I had no problem administering it, and I do not recall any side effects.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• Thanks all!  My doctor said he'd give it to me if my follicles were small when I did my ultrasound.  I may do my first IUI next month if I don't ovulate over the week I'm going to be out of town!
  • I have a serious phobia of needles so I was super worried and anxious about it. It was actually very easy and not painful at all!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"