Multiples

DS hitting DD

Hi ladies!  We've been struggling with this for some time and need ideas on how to change DS's behavior.  DS hits DD (more like slaps her) on the head a lot.  Today he hit her very hard and of course DD starting crying.  I don't know what to do...they are 15 months on Friday.  We've said No, I'll grab his hand when I can and hold it for a few seconds saying we don't hit, my sister (takes care of them during the day) grabs his hand and softly pets her.  I even tried just ignoring it or giving him a stern face after he did it.

It's out of no where, she's just sitting there and he'll go to her and smack her.  He swats his milk, tries to swat his bowl when I'm feeding him etc. so he's a bit agressive and gets frustrated easily.  He mainly hits her, and only a few times has done it to me. 

In addition he takes everything she has, even if he's playing with the same thing he'll want what she has.  She's so sweet to him and gives it to him.  She'll even grab his pacifier and put it in his mouth when he's crying. 

Any other suggestions?  We've been at this for 4-5 months now.

Re: DS hitting DD

• Harry used to beat up Colin. He'd crawl over and poke him in the eyeball, steal his pacifier, smack him, etc. And he'd always smile while he did it. Fast forward a few months and now Colin will walk across the room to headbutt Harry. H will just start crying when C comes at him. We of course correct them, say be sweet, grab hands away, etc. They are 15 months old too.

They still attack each other. I feel like one day they will get it, I just keep correcting, separating and at 18 months I'll probably start time out. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • No real advice, but we're going through it too.  DD has started biting when she gets angry/frustrated and they will both hit each other.  I've been watching them very closely and trying to stop it as I see it about to happen.  As PP said, we plan to start timeout around 18 months and just keep trying to let them know it's not nice, appropriate to hit and bite until then.

Photobucket

IVF #1 was a success! Harrison and Brooke born at 37 weeks. 6lbs8oz and 6lbs11oz. Loving life as a MoM.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracles

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies for the suggestions.  Sorry to hear your in the same boat!  I feel so bad for DD, she's so sweet to him but gets beat up.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"