Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Your favorite developmental toys and books for the first year!

LO is almost 3 months old and I have a couple of toys and beginner books to play with him, but I would love some suggestions and recommendations.  What are you favorite toys and books?  If you can clarify with an age range, like best to start 3-6 months or 6-12 months, that would be great too!

Thanks!

Re: Your favorite developmental toys and books for the first year!

• evertzevertz member

Indestructables books. My DH's cousin invented them after having triplets. They're rip proof, chew proof, and waterproof. Awesome for baby because you can let them hold them and chew on them without worry about pulling bits of cardboard out of his mouth. You can find them on Amazon.

I've been buying these as shower gifts for a long time and moms always come back to me after a year and tell he how wonderful they are and how much baby loved them!

EDIT: Ok, bump doesn't like my link for some reason. But if you go on Amazon and search for "indestructibles" in books or baby departments they'll be the first to come up.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like Baby Einstien (sp?) Board books.  One in particular I have is a picture book that has pictures of objects and the name of the object.  It has animals, musical instruments, clothing items.  It's good for all ages up to 2 I think.

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for recommending the industructable books, just ordered a few!
  • I already had a couple of indestructible books on my Amazon wish list, nice!
  • go to www.mamaot.com and search for toys. You should find a post that lists toys for the first year.

The blog is created by a mom who is an occupational therapist. HTH. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"