Toddlers: 24 Months+

Opinions please! Full or Twin bed??

We converted our daughters bed from a crib to a toddler bed a few months ago. She is going to be 3 tomorrow and we are ready to move her to a big girl bed. Her crib converts, but it converts to a full. What are you opinions on a twin vs a full? My husband and I both grew up on a twin bed, and we are not sure wheter we are going to have another baby or not that would need the crib. Did you get a twin and wished you had gotten a full or vice versa?

Re: Opinions please! Full or Twin bed??

• smerkasmerka member
    I think it really depends on the size of the room.  But my kids will have twin beds because that's what we had growing up.  In fact DH still had his when I met him in his thirties.  I called it his big boy bed.  Plus I figured mattresses are good for ten years or so and my kids will be entering their teen years then.  We will see if they are too big for a twin then.  DH has some really tall men in his family.
  • Does your daughter have a big room? If so get a full. If not get a twin, maybe a trundle or something.

Personally I would just keep her in the toddler bed for another year or two.
  • Loading the player...
  • EDWHIPEDWHIP member
    When we have guests, they sleep in DD's room.  There is a full bed in there.  Even though we put DD to bed in her toddler bed, she always moves to the full in the middle of the night.  We are thinking of just embracing it because she loves it.  She is 26 months.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagemainerocks:

We went to a full and I don't have any regrets. I think a twin is fine too.

:o

This.  We used DH's old full size bed since it was really low to the ground.  I love it.  I like being able to roll around in it with DD and have room to lay down and read stories.  Also, those nights when she's really upset from something and wants one of us to stays it makes it a lot more comfy.  We're good about making sure not to sleep there with her so she doesn't get used to it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We already had a full size bed in our guest room.  We moved it to DS's room when we got DD's room ready.  It's great for snuggling while we read bedtime books.  It gives us an option to have guests stay there (DS sleeps on a twin air mattress in our room when we have guests).
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • We haven't switched DS from his toddler bed yet but I have already gotten a memory foam full size matress because his crib turns into full sized. I wont ever take DS out of his bed when we have guest. My mom use to do that do me and I hated being kicked out of MY bed so people could sleep in it. So I have an air matress for guests to use
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • EDWHIPEDWHIP member

imagecas3ymari3:
    We haven't switched DS from his toddler bed yet but I have already gotten a memory foam full size matress because his crib turns into full sized. I wont ever take DS out of his bed when we have guest. My mom use to do that do me and I hated being kicked out of MY bed so people could sleep in it. So I have an air matress for guests to use

I always loved having guests and getting to sleep on an air mattress.  To each their own! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Full. I just spent 3 nights in DS room because of his tummy problems. It was nice to not be cramped. I grew up with a full bed. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We got DD a twin mainly bc of the size of her room.  It works perfectly for us and she loves it!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"