Babies: 0 - 3 Months

lurker here: swing question!

Hey ladies!! 

A big congrats on all of your adorable "outside" babies :)

I'm just finishing up lists for what we're going to need for baby, and I'm still undecided on a swing!

So, talk to me about your swings! Do you love what you have? Why? WHAT do you have? favorite features?

TIA! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: lurker here: swing question!

• We have the snugabunny swing and love it! It can swing side to side or back and forth. Has 4 different sounds/music options. The mobile rotates and moves. There are different speeds for the swing. Plus, it's super soft and comfy for baby. She sleeps best in her swing.
  • imagesmrunnels:
    We have the snugabunny swing and love it! It can swing side to side or back and forth. Has 4 different sounds/music options. The mobile rotates and moves. There are different speeds for the swing. Plus, it's super soft and comfy for baby. She sleeps best in her swing.

Same
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesmrunnels:
    We have the snugabunny swing and love it! It can swing side to side or back and forth. Has 4 different sounds/music options. The mobile rotates and moves. There are different speeds for the swing. Plus, it's super soft and comfy for baby. She sleeps best in her swing.

Jealous. We have the same swing and DS in not a fan. I'm really hoping he begins to enjoy it because we don't have too many other places for him to hang out! 

• We have the Mamaroom by 4moms. It is absolutely amazing. It has many different swing cycles and speeds it also has music built in and your can hook up your cell phone or mp3 player and play music as well. LO slept in it the first few weeks she came home and still loves playing in it and also gets drowsy before nap time in it. 
  • +ASH++ASH+ member
    We skipped the swing this time (both DS's loathed it), but I did look at the Snugabunny because we have that bouncer. 
    DS1 - 9; DS2 - 6; Angel - May 10, 2011; Baby Girl - Due May 19, 2013
  • imagejaime52005:
    imagesmrunnels:
    Same

Yep.

She is here! 5-29-13

• kellmokellmo member
    imagejaime52005:
    imagesmrunnels:

Same

This! Best swing!!
  • We have your standard back and forth Graco swing that my inlaws found at a garage sale for $5. LO loves it!!! Just goes to show you don't have to spend a ton to make your LO happy. We also have a play mat for $5 that he loves. These two things have been my savior!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagebeaubecca:
    We have the Graco one with the removable rocker. It swings sideways, back and forth, and diagonal. It has a lot of different sounds. My LO likes the bird tweets. The seat is removable and is a vibrating rocker so we have that instead of a bouncy seat.

All of this!

BFP #2: 08/23/12; EDD: 05/04/13 ~Please stick little one!!! DS born 05/09/13 at 40w5d

BFP #1: 05/05/12; EDD: 01/01/13; m/c: 05/21/12 ~Forever in our hearts~ 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary
  • imagesmpeachey:

imagekellmo:
    imagejaime52005:
    imagesmrunnels:
    Same
    This! Best swing!!

We have the My Little Lamb swing which I think is basically the same just a lamb instead of a bunny. It does seem pretty great. 

I wasn't sure we needed a swing but I got it used off of a local facebook baby gear site, I like it even more since we found it used and half  price. Check craigslist or other sites for a used one, that way if your LO doesn't use it much it won't feel like you wasted money.

yes! We got our snugabunny swing for half price on Craigslist. 

Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • We had a swing with DS, but borrowed a Mamaroo from a friend for DD. It is GREAT! So much better than a swing. You can change the speed, seat incline, and swing style - all of which are super smooth unlike a jerky swing. It plugs in to save batteries and DD absolutely loves it. Heck, its even calming to watch.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Love.  We have a graco that operates BOTH off of battery and A/C -- we had a 24 hour power outage the other day and I've never been so happy about the battery option.

My little guy LOVES his swing, and sometimes in the first two months it was the only way we could soothe him / get him to sleep.

It swings front to back and has a white noise feature on it.

Originally we had a swing that ONLY went from side to side and he HATED it, so just be aware that if you get a side to side swing, you might want to get the type that can also go front to back.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagesmrunnels:

This exactly!

BabyFruit Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • https://www.amazon.com/InGenuitySmartQuietSwingBriarcliff/dp/B004TEW538/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_0_2

This thing is awesome. DS1 hated his swing so I got rid of it. I'm totally in love with how crazily silent this swing is. Battery life is supposed to be excellent but it's only been a week so we'll see. I love that it uses a magnet instead of a clunky motor bc I think it'll stand up better to things like 27 lb toddlers who want to sit in it too.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagechristineeberle:

imagesmrunnels:

This exactly!

We have the snugamonkey which is basically the same. Love it. Part of me still want the mamaroom, especially for the smaller size, but I could bring myself to spend te extra 150 not knowing if LO would like a swing at all.

• imagesmrunnels:

We also have this swing and love it! i would add, that it is fairly easy to clean when LO spits up or has a diaper blowout.  

• imagesmrunnels:

This. Plus it plugs in so saves money on batteries. It has been a life-saver for us! 

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• We bought the Fisher Price Rainforest something-or-other 4 years ago for DS1.  It can go side to side and front to back and also plugs in to the wall as opposed to using batteries.  DS1 LOVED the swing so that was crucial for us.  DS2 hasn't proven to enjoy it quite as much, but I'm still glad to not be dealing with changing batteries all the time.
    "You're gonna miss this You're gonna want this back You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast..."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"