January 2014 Moms

Can I just say something?

I freaking hate being pregnant. HATE HATE HATE IT! I having a rough day...can you tell?

End betch and moan 

V|V TSP V|V
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Can I just say something?

• Everyone has those days. I, for one, have never enjoyed being pregnant. I cringe when my friends talk about how they love being pregnant. Pregnancy is gross... tthere is nothing pretty about it so I def do not feel pretty no matter how many times you tell me how pretty I am.

I feel for you! 

BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think we all have good days and bad. I hope you feel better tomorrow. Can you do something nice for yourself to make you feel better?  

Lilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I felt that way over the weekend. I'm so grateful to be PgAL, but I spent most of the weekend bowing down to the porcelain gods and wondering what made me think I was cut out for this again. I think we all have those days.

Hope you're feeling better very soon!

________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJuly1215:
    I think we all have good days and bad. I hope you feel better tomorrow. Can you do something nice for yourself to make you feel better?  

Hard to do when you have 1 kiddo to chase around and 1 infant that hates to be put down. Luckily, I'm a babywearer so DS2 is on my back but DS1 is being a complete monster today and that damn zofran is making me dizzy. I miss the days of my first pregnancy where I could just take a nap if I wanted to.

I'm one of those lucky ones that gets Hypermesis with each pregnancy...so I am NEVER a happy camper and I often feel really bad for FI. Sex Drive is basically nonexistent, I'm betchy all the time and I have little to no patience for DS1's tantrums. 

V|V TSP V|V
  • Totally agree - HATE IT. I am excited to start feeling the movement, but I know with DD sometimes that even brought some nausea. So yes, I absolutely HATE being pregnant. My saving grace is know I will NEVER do this again.
    pregnancy due date Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • imageQuintonsMummah:

I freaking hate being pregnant. HATE HATE HATE IT!

Seriously??? I get that pregnancy isn't all puppies and rainbows but as someone who dealt with infertility for 3 years, I can tell you there are plenty of women who would gladly take your position no matter how sick you are or how much weight you gain. Maybe you can think about that on days that it's rough. 

• imageHoneybee2813:
    imageQuintonsMummah:

Seriously??? I get that pregnancy isn't all puppies and rainbows but as someone who dealt with infertility for 3 years, I can tell you there are plenty of women who would gladly take your position no matter how sick you are or how much weight you gain. Maybe you can think about that on days that it's rough. 

While I understand and appreciate your response, Everyone goes through pregnancy differently. I'm sorry that you dealt with infertility issues and I would gladly swap places with someone because this $hit is for the birds. I've been basically puking for the last 3 years straight and at times like today...or any other day for that matter its just really difficult to go through the day to day motions without wanting to freak the eff out.

V|V TSP V|V
  • I was actually talking to DH about this last night! I LOVE being a mommy but I highly dislike the pregnancy part of it. Hope it's just 'one of those days' and tomorrow is better!
  • imageHoneybee2813:
    imageQuintonsMummah:

See, I get this sentiment but come on. There have been days where I was literally camped out over the toilet praying I would stop puking and vowing to never do this again. It doesn't make me any less thankful for the life inside of me but in the moment, it sucks. Not being able to carry my toddler up the stairs because I'm worried I might pass out or  being unable to cook dinner because the smell of anything brings on the dry heaves is not fun.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageLatteLady5:
    imageHoneybee2813:
    imageQuintonsMummah:

See, I get this sentiment but come on. There have been days where I was literally camped out over the toilet praying I would stop puking and vowing to never do this again. It doesn't make me any less thankful for the life inside of me but in the moment, it sucks. Not being able to carry my toddler up the stairs because I'm worried I might pass out or  being unable to cook dinner because the smell of anything brings on the dry heaves is not fun.

Agree with lady5. I absolutely hate being pregnant as well right now, but it doesn't mean that we don't value the end results.
  • imageLinz1233:

Everyone has those days. I, for one, have never enjoyed being pregnant. I cringe when my friends talk about how they love being pregnant. Pregnancy is gross... tthere is nothing pretty about it so I def do not feel pretty no matter how many times you tell me how pretty I am.

I feel for you! 

I agree, I'm actually kind of jealous of those who love being pregnant, but it's all worth it in the end! 

• cja06cja06 member
    I loved most of my first 2 pregnancies - this one, not a bit. We all have days that are rougher than others. Eye on the prize, right??!

• imagepetitmonstree:
    imageLinz1233:

Everyone has those days. I, for one, have never enjoyed being pregnant. I cringe when my friends talk about how they love being pregnant. Pregnancy is gross... tthere is nothing pretty about it so I def do not feel pretty no matter how many times you tell me how pretty I am.

I feel for you! 

I agree, I'm actually kind of jealous of those who love being pregnant, but it's all worth it in the end! 

I am totally jealous of the women who love being pregnant. Last time it seemed as soon as one symptom would disappear another one (usually worse) would pop up. It's hard to picture that sweet squishy newborn when you're hanging over a toilet willing your water to stay down.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageCewilliams207554:
    imageLatteLady5:
    imageHoneybee2813:
    imageQuintonsMummah:

Agree with lady5. I absolutely hate being pregnant as well right now, but it doesn't mean that we don't value the end results.

As I stated previously, I get that not every aspect of pregnancy is glorious and some women have an extremely difficult during pregnancy while others don't. I totally understand this but yes, after literally going through hell to get here it did rub me the wrong way to open a post and see " I hate being pregnant. HATE HATE HATE IT!!!"Am I more sensitive to this post because of infertility? Absolutely and I totally own that. I'm entitled to disagree with her just the same as you all have agreed with her.

• imageLatteLady5:
    imageHoneybee2813:
    imageQuintonsMummah:

Meh. I see this both ways. It would have been helpful for the OP to write that sentiment in her post. "I am so grateful for this baby, but man, it is so tough to get through the day to day with how my body reacts to pregnancy."

• imageHoneybee2813:
    imageCewilliams207554:
    imageLatteLady5:
    imageHoneybee2813:
    imageQuintonsMummah:

As I stated previously, I get that not every aspect of pregnancy is glorious and some women have an extremely difficult during pregnancy while others don't. I totally understand this but yes, after literally going through hell to get here it did rub me the wrong way to open a post and see " I hate being pregnant. HATE HATE HATE IT!!!"Am I more sensitive to this post because of infertility? Absolutely and I totally own that. I'm entitled to disagree with her just the same as you all have agreed with her.

I'm sorry that my post made you upset and I completely understand your reasoning and of course you are more than welcome to disagree with me. I have no experience with infertility and I apologize.

That being said, I think you need to know that having back to back shitty pregnancies can really do a number on your psyche ...ESPECIALLY when you get an IUD to ensure that you do not get pregnant and it only "worked" for 3 flipping months. It can be quite frustrating. 

V|V TSP V|V
  • imageQuintonsMummah:
    imageHoneybee2813:
    imageCewilliams207554:
    imageLatteLady5:
    imageHoneybee2813:
    imageQuintonsMummah:

I'm sorry that my post made you upset and I completely understand your reasoning and of course you are more than welcome to disagree with me. I have no experience with infertility and I apologize.

That being said, I think you need to know that having back to back shitty pregnancies can really do a number on your psyche ...ESPECIALLY when you get an IUD to ensure that you do not get pregnant and it only "worked" for 3 flipping months. It can be quite frustrating. 

Listen, I understand and I don't take any of this to heart, I always have my big girl panties on when I'm posting on TB so no need to apologize  :)

That being said, I've experienced 3 losses so I think we are at very opposite ends of the spectrum. You've been dealing with 3 rough pregnancies for the past 3 years, while I've been experiencing infertility and 3 m/c over the past 3 years. It's rough both ways around. I was just pointing out my feelings on this topic, because I see things totally different.

• imageHoneybee2813:
    imageQuintonsMummah:
    imageHoneybee2813:
    imageCewilliams207554:
    imageLatteLady5:
    imageHoneybee2813:
    imageQuintonsMummah:

Listen, I understand and I don't take any of this to heart, I always have my big girl panties on when I'm posting on TB so no need to apologize  :)

That being said, I've experienced 3 losses so I think we are at very opposite ends of the spectrum. You've been dealing with 3 rough pregnancies for the past 3 years, while I've been experiencing infertility and 3 m/c over the past 3 years. It's rough both ways around. I was just pointing out my feelings on this topic, because I see things totally different.

Understood and again I appreciate your response. BGPs are a must have around TB and I'm glad we both own a pair or two :) You know, just in case we sniss through the first pair :)

V|V TSP V|V
  • Sorry momma! Many of us have had those days,I think it's normal and it's good to let out the frustration. Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. Your baby is working really hard right now to get to you and get strong enough to be with you. That's what keeps me going on my off days :)
    image Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • 2Dash2Dash member
    today was a good pregnant day for me - but yeah I get it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • cnctfcnctf member
    i feel ya!!
    image=
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageHoneybee2813:
    imageQuintonsMummah:

THIS! I thank God evey day I am still pregnant. There isn't a day that goes by that I hate it. I thank my lucky stars!

Ticker/Siggy Warning:  Children and losses mentioned

TTC #1 since 7/2011
    ME: 37  DH: 38
    SA-12/28/11-normal
    HSG-1/16/12-possible blocked left tube
    BFP#1---CP 7/9/12
    Hysteroscopy-8/9/12-blocked left tube for sure, proceeding with IUI#1
    IUI#1 (Gonal-F + trigger)=BFP#2 m/c @ 19w1d D&E 1/23/13
    IUI #2 (Gonal F + trigger)=BFP#3 EDD 1/6/14 TWINS!!!
    Identical girls born 11/17/13
    BFP#4 EDD 8/27/15 MMC at 7w6d

BFP#5 m/c at 6w

BFP#6 EDD 10/5/16  Going Strong!  It's a Girl!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Ditto. I HATE being pregnant
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I understand all the sentiments being expressed. I love the end result :) But being pregnant and having a toddler at home can be super crappy ... poopy diapers and nausea, feeding a toddler who eats 4-5x a day, breastfeeding (with the associated cramping etc) and the exhaustion suck when you are dealing with a busy little person who has no understanding that you are not feeling well and doesn't sleep through the night.

image"">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image"">
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"