November 2011 Moms
Options

LO & movie theater?

Has anyone attempted taking LO to see a movie yet? My stepmom was super excited to invite us to see Monster University in a couple weekends with my 6 yr old cousin, 2 yr old cousin, & 3 yr old nephew. This is the convo that followed:

Me: "Thanks, but there is no way DS will sit still for the whole movie."

S-mom: "Oh, '2yr old' won't either. We just sit up front & and the kids run & play if they want to."

Do people really do this? My first thought was that letting the kids run around seems rude. I don't plan on going, but just curious to see what you guys think.

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: LO & movie theater?

• Options
    There was talk about the movie theater earlier on here. I personally wouldn't take DS. My DD couldn't sit still for a whole movie until she was around 4 YO. As to the kids running around, I wouldn't care as long as they were quiet and the parents/chaperones seemed to be attentive to them along with the movie. If it wasn't a kid movie, I would personally feel that the kids had no business being there no matter what they were doing. And that's just my two sense.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mcvgalmcvgal member

I did end up taking LO after all to see Monster University. I was prepared to leave early if need be, and I did. He did really well and made it through the previews and a little over half the movie. However after that he wanted to walk around. So we left. I thought there's no reason to stay there and him play around, when really it was more myself wanting to see the movie.

I was a little sad (silly I know) that he did so well because it made me realize how quick he is growing up. And as bad as it sounds I want to keep him my little baby as long as possible

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagee_cruiz:
    I did end up taking LO after all to see Monster University. Inbsp;was prepared to leave early if need be, and I did. He did really well and made it through the previews and a little over half the movie. However after that he wanted to walk around. So we left. I thought there's no reason to stay there and him play around, when really it was more myself wanting to see the movie.
    I was a little sad silly I know that he did so well because it made me realize how quick he is growing up. And as bad as it sounds I want to keep him my little baby as long as possible

I'd be surprised if DS say thru half! Your LO did good! I understand what you mean about how quick they are growing up. stomps feet I don't like it!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imageRedCamaro:
    There was talk about the movie theater earlier on here. I personally wouldn't take DS. My DD couldn't sit still for a whole movie until she was around 4 YO. As to the kids running around, I wouldn't carenbsp;as long asnbsp;they were quiet and the parents/chaperones seemed to be attentive to them along with the movie. If it wasn't a kid movie, I would personally feel that the kids had no business being there no matter what they were doing. And that's just my two sense.

I totally didn't see the movie post below. My bad, I have been a slack bumpie lately..

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imageJamiesWife2010:
    imageRedCamaro:
    There was talk about the movie theater earlier on here. I personally wouldn't take DS. My DD couldn't sit still for a whole movie until she was around 4 YO. As to the kids running around, I wouldn't carenbsp;as long asnbsp;they were quiet and the parents/chaperones seemed to be attentive to them along with the movie. If it wasn't a kid movie, I would personally feel that the kids had no business being there no matter what they were doing. And that's just my two sense.
    I totally didn't see the movie post below. My bad, I have been a slack bumpie lately..

Oh no worries. I just didn't know if you were looking for more info, if might be in there (just mentioning - completely snarkless). Sorry, if I had more time I'd look for it and post a link in here.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've never been to a movie where people let their kids run around. If it were a kid's movie (and strictly a kid's movie- not Pixar where there are plenty of adults there and not just children) I wouldn't mind so much I guess, but I still wouldn't be crazy about it. Movies at the theatre are expensive and if I want to have DD run around, I would take her to the park and not a movie. ;-)
                                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageRedCamaro:

imageJamiesWife2010:
    imageRedCamaro:

Oh no worries. I just didn't know if you were looking for more info, if might be in there (just mentioning - completely snarkless). Sorry, if I had more time I'd look for it and post a link in here.

I found it after you mentioned it. Thanks! I have been barely lurking lately completely missed it. No snark taken. insert mobile winky face

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imagegracefulruby33:
    I've never been to a movie where people let their kids run around. If it were a kid's movie and strictly a kid's movie not Pixar where there are plenty of adults there and not just children I wouldn't mind so much I guess, but I still wouldn't be crazy about it. Movies at the theatre are expensive and if I want to have DD run around, I would take her to the park and not a movie. ;

My thoughts exactly.

I give my family side eye on many many situations when it comes to child rearing such. This is one of those times, lol

Eta, AUTOCORRECT can suck it.

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"