Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Baby Gear

I am currently expecting #2 and our children will be 5 years apart. I am interested in getting a new stroller this time to replace the travel system/umbrella stroller and would love suggestions from new moms. I would like something easy to navigate, compact, and could be used from birth-approx. age 4. I would also love suggestions for great diaper bags. TIA!!!

Re: Baby Gear

• Baby Jogger City Mini for the stroller. It's an awesome stroller abd would fit your needs. For diaper bags you can't go wrong with anything by JuJuBe.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I highly recommend something like the snap and go (it works with different travel systems).  You can't use it till 4, but it's light and easy to take anywhere (not bulky at all) and it buys you time so you can figure out what you really need.  We used the infant carrier and snap and go till DD1 (and DD2) were about 6 or 7 months, and then got a great umbrella stroller that was suited more towards older kids and we didn't have to worry about infant inserts, or putting a baby in there before they had good head control.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • We skipped a stroller for the infant stage. We got a great all terrain stroller for our hiking and camping. Until she fit in it at about 5 months I just wore her. A sling or buckle carrier is super easy and LOs that size are so light. It might be an idea if you want a good stroller for up to age 4, because most stroller that accommodate a carseat are very clunky.
  • I have the uppababy vista and i love it! You can snap your car seat into it so that you don't have to remove baby, snap the bassinet in or keep it on a stand in your bedroom for the infant months and it also has a toddler seat. It can face you, face out or recline and has a uv 50 sunshade attached and a huge basket for your things. You can also add an extra seat or rumble board for the older child. I ended up getting their umbrella stroller the gluxe too and also love that.

For diaper bags I have a Kate Spade messenger and I love it but want something bigger. DS is EBF so I never had to worry about carrying bottles but now I pack him his solids and snacks and now that summer is here I need space for his swim gear since we spend many days at my moms pool. I might get her Stevie bag next. The skip hop that hangs on the back of the stroller looks good too but I don't like that it doesn't close. I got one of their new stroller caddies that has a wristlet that zips on and off and love that too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"