May 2013 Moms
Options

Infant Carrier?

We got our "infantino" baby carriers second hand, no instructions or whatever. I tried sliding DS into one and it's super huge and seems uncomfy for him. It has lots of straps, so maybe I'm just confused about it all. He's just over 8lbs, maybe nearing nine at six weeks old.

My questions are: Do carriers come in different sizes? Is 8lbs too small?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Infant Carrier?

• Options
    A lot of them have separate newborn inserts. Check the company website... I bet you'll be able to find instructions online
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I watched some YouTube videos to see real people using the carrier we have. They helped a lot. If you have a few minutes, maybe YouTube could help you too!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    KashyKashy member

We have an Ergo carrier and we got the infant insert to go with it.  The insert is good up to...hmm I forget the lb range it goes too...or until they are strong enough to hold their heads up. 

So your LO may be too small for the carrier without an insert.

Augustus David - Born 5/08/13

my read shelf:
    April's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I second checking into the infant insert. We have an ergo also, and we have the infant insert. Interestingly enough, S was too small for even the insert until a couple weeks ago so we haven't really used it much yet. It's possible the carrier you have may be for a bigger baby, but my thought is that there is probably some insert to make it work for a smaller baby.
  • Options
    The insert idea makes lots of sense. I'll have to keep an eye out! Thanks all!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not sure that your carrier has an infant insert but you can try rolling up a thin receiving blanket and placing it in the bottom of the carrier. Then sit the baby on the blanket still putting the legs through the holes. This just puts the baby a little higher up in the carrier. Ergo recommends the insert until 12 lbs so I would say once your baby reaches that you should be able to stop using the blanket. Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"