Baby Showers

A Not Tacky Baby Shower

With so much tackiness being posted on this board, I wanted to share something not tacky, with you!

I've been on here asking lots of questions as I've been planning my daughter's baby shower. Thank you to everyone for all of their help from favor suggestions to book (to sign) suggestions, and more!

The shower was yesterday and it was beautiful. No games, the guests didn't pay for anything, no diaper raffles,no request for books instead of cards....just a beautiful shower where people socialized and ate! They got to enjoy their coffee and cake during gift opening so they didn't sit there too bored!

I wanted to attached a couple pictures but I don't know how!

Thanks again for all your help! I'll be back on here for shower advice when my daughter is pregnant with #2!!! (hehehe...just kidding!) Smile

Re: A Not Tacky Baby Shower

• At first I thought you were the mom-to-be (which would have been tacky!) but you clarified that at the end. Glad you had a wonderful time, now just don't let your daughter forget the thank you cards!
  • jencnhjencnh member

imagesugar212:
    At first I thought you were the mom-to-be (which would have been tacky!) but you clarified that at the end. Glad you had a wonderful time, now just don't let your daughter forget the thank you cards!

Hahaha! Yeah, I guess when I said "my daughter's shower" at the beginning, it does sound like I could be pregnant with this daughter! Nope...she's in her 20's! Big Smile

• Loading the player...
  • Haha, love the last time about the second shower lol

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• imagejencnh:

Thanks again for all your help! I'll be back on here for shower advice when my daughter is pregnant with #2!!! (hehehe...just kidding!) Smile

LOL, good one!  Congrats on hosting a wonderful shower.  I'm sure your daughter is very thankful of all the care, time, and consideration you put in putting it together.

• This post would be perfect without the first sentence. Why do you need to be so hateful towards the way that others want to do things? I am sure you had a beautiful shower for your daughter. Is that not enough though? You had to make sure that everyone knew you were doing it better than those awful "tacky" people out there. I think that is an awful thing to be teaching your daughter.

• cbabych said:

This post would be perfect without the first sentence. Why do you need to be so hateful towards the way that others want to do things? I am sure you had a beautiful shower for your daughter. Is that not enough though? You had to make sure that everyone knew you were doing it better than those awful "tacky" people out there. I think that is an awful thing to be teaching your daughter.

I didn't read it that way, I just read the first sentence as her wanting to create a positive post, which is what she did!  And, her daughter is in her 20s, we aren't talking about a kid here, I'm sure her daughter can make up her own mind as to what lessons she wants to learn from mom and which ones she doesn't!

So glad the shower went well, it sounds lovely!  And loved the last line, seriously I bought it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"