1st Trimester

4 weeks, 4 VERY strong positive tests

Hi everyone! Im new here and thought i would introduce myself before I asked my question.
Im new to this site. Mother to a 2 1/2 year old boy, recently married and we decided we would try. My husband is a Marine and was on a short leave very recently :
Aaanywho, I'll get to the point...
My lmp was 5/26/13 the first time we had sex was 6/7/13. He'd been away until this date so no way to conceive any earlier. A few days later my breasts began to get sore never happens with PMS symptoms and i was very tired, at all times. Didnt think anything of it. Well the husvand ha to leave again on 6/18 put of curiosity i testes on 6/20 and got a raging positive as soon as the sample crossed the window. It was not first morning urine, it was when id just gotten home from work. Did another on 6/21 with first morning. Another that evening after drinking a good bit of water, then one again today in the afternoon after having alot to drink. All 4 are GLOWING positive as soon as the sample moves through the windows. My breasts are increasingly sore, im very very tired am having a ton of food aversions along with nausea and heartburn my i smell anything. Paper had a dang smell this norning. With my son, i knew i was pregnant around 34 weeks due to the symptoms listed about not as severe.
Here is my question finally i know could it be possible that i may have a pregnancy with multiples due to the very strong positive on all 4 tests, a week BEFORE a missed period the severity of symptoms so early on? What does everyone think? Right now we've got to wait for our insurance to kick in Before we can make a doctors appt.
Any opinions would be great :

Re: 4 weeks, 4 VERY strong positive tests

• How long is your luteal phase? 4 weeks pregnant is 14dpo for most women, when for the average person, pregnancy tests are quite dark. Especially on a First Response.

Are you sure your period isn't due for another week? That would mean you had a 21 day luteal phase, which is highly unusual. 

If you conceived on the 7th, then you are at most 15dpo, which is 4w1d pregnant. It is possible that you're carrying twins, but a lot of twin mama's have normal singleton range HCG levels at that point. Elevated symptoms can be a sign for some women too, but really the only way to be sure is an ultrasound later on in the first trimester. 

Congratulations!! 

I should add that this my third pregnancy, and this one has definitely been really intense symptom wise - SO much more so than with my son. I've got one baby, but seriously thought it was twins at first based on the severity of my symptoms. 
    sam & arlo 

• I'm in the same situation the wondering the same thing. Its super early with early symptoms dark positive lines. Only an ultrasound will tell. Good luck :
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image   and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • At 4 weeks there's nothing abnormal about getting strong positives. I got my first positive at 9 DPO and by 14 DPO my test were "blaring" as well. I'm having a singleton.

The only way to know you're having multiples is by an ultrasound.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yea the earliest we couldve conceived was 6/7
    And my period is not due for another week. Thats why i said 4 strong positives a week before a missed period. But im glad to hear other women with the same thing going on. I had an instant strong positive with my son too. But that time just had a 'feeling' that i was preggo. This time my boobs were sore, i smelled everything and was super curious so i tested. And im still shocked and feel in a twilight zone about the 4 positives.
  • imagecar seat:

imagelovelovelovelovelove:

If you conceived on the 7th, then you are at most 15dpo, which is 4w1d pregnant. It is possible that you're carrying twins, but a lot of twin mama's have normal singleton range HCG levels at that point. Elevated symptoms can be a sign for some women too, but really the only way to be sure is an ultrasound later on in the first trimester. 

And on the flip side, a lot of women who have singleton pregnancies have crazy high betas. I'm pregnant with twins, and my betas this go around have been higher than they were with past pregnancies, but a lot of women on my BMB have had much, much higher betas than mine and they're having singletons. 

So your tests don't mean anything but that you're pregnant. Congrats! 

Well said  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thank you very much everyone! We were just curious. I dont know if the symptoms are so much stronger because i know what they feel like so it just seems like theyre stronger this time or if they actually are! Lol. Morning sickness didnt start with my last pregnancy until about 68 weeks so im very patiently dreading that lol
  • I don't think that severity of symptoms correlates to the number of eggs that implant / split; especially so early in pregnancy.....  My first line was at 8dpo, had very glaring positives at 14dpo, and by the time I was about 16dpo the test line came up positive before the control.  But, these are qualitative, not quantitative tests and aren't the best way to date a pregnancy nor determine if it's multiples.  Only an ultrasound can confirm multiples. 
    Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• I had really faint lines even after my missed period - and in fact, had "lower" HCG numbers (in sig), and virtually no pregnancy symptoms other than being tired and food aversions for a few weeks - and still have twins :) Each pregnancy is different and there is absolutely no way to tell if you are having twins (or more) without an u/s. 
    Me: 30, DH: 40 
    TTC since January 2012HSG & Bloodwork: Normal, SA: NormalDx: Unexplained Infertility 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN (three cycles)
    50mg Clomid + trigger + IUI = BFP (one cycle)
    Beta #1 (12dpo) = 49  Beta #2 (14dpo)= 149

Expecting g/g twins Oct '13

• Soap1Soap1 member
    imagecar seat:

imagelovelovelovelovelove:

And on the flip side, a lot of women who have singleton pregnancies have crazy high betas. I'm pregnant with twins, and my betas this go around have been higher than they were with past pregnancies, but a lot of women on my BMB have had much, much higher betas than mine and they're having singletons. 

So your tests don't mean anything but that you're pregnant. Congrats! 

With DS2, my hcg levels were out.of.control.  Like 900 at 13dpo and 2800 at 15dpo.   And clearly he's just one!

Agree that tests just mean you're pregnant.  The darkness of the line is correlated with hcg levels, but it isn't a perfect relationship - it can also be a function of the amount of dye present in the test. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"