December 2010 Moms

Selling baby stuff...

I have all the infant clothes and some gear priced for JBF and now I'm sooo sad about it!  When I was pregnant (I hate being pregnant!), I was completely sure we were DONE!  DH is still sure and talking vasectomy.  Now I'm all over the idea of a third.  Would you hold on to some newborn clothes and stuff if you were me or just suck it up and sell it all and re-buy if a 3rd comes along some day? Or wait until he actually gets a vasectomy to sell.  I wouldn't want another kid for at least 2-3 yrs if we did have one.  We've mentioned adoption many times in passing too.  Not sure I really want 3 so much as the idea of not having babies in the house seems so sad!  How do you know when you are done?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Selling baby stuff...

• lrn327lrn327 member

I only have one and sold all the stuff!  :-)  I figured, I'm good enough at this resale thing by now that if I have another and need to re-buy, I can do it pretty cheaply.  You're in the same boat I suspect.  ;-)

Honestly, I kept a few favorite outfits from each stage and sold the rest.  We *might* keep the highchair for a little while because it's really nice, but everything else goes.  I know, it makes me a bit sad too. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are 95 sure we are done at 2. But we are holding onto a lot for now. My BFF is having a boy any day now, so I gave her about half our clothes in each size B has grown out of.

DH's sister is TTC soon, so I think we will give her all our baby gear, swing, bouncer, etc. and tell her to let us know before she gets rid of it in case we want it back. We are definitely having a bigger age gap Between kids this time if we do end up trying for a third.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageTMNTgirl:
    We are 95 sure we are done at 2. But we are holding onto a lot for now. My BFF is having a boy any day now, so I gave her about half our clothes in each size B has grown out of. DH's sister is TTC soon, so I think we will give her all our baby gear, swing, bouncer, etc. and tell her to let us know before she gets rid of it in case we want it back. We are definitely having a bigger age gap Between kids this time if we do end up trying for a third.

Definitely!!  2.5 yrs just really wasn't the greatest timing!

DH is the baby of his family, so all his siblings are done and my sister can't have anymore, so I guess there is no one to hand it down to in my family, so I might as well sell it and put the money aside for a vacation maybe! :)

Luckystarz-- I looove JBF! I've been buying and consigning for years!  We had custody of nieces before our own and my classroom always needs books and games!  JBF is my favorite time of year! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • JBF is the best. I hate buying new stuff now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I'm a loser...what's JBF?
  • imagekeags5496:
    I'm a loser...what's JBF?

:)  Just Between Friends (large consignment) sale!  I used to get school and play clothes for a season for two kids for under $100!  All Nate's xmas gifts come from there for the most part too.

https://www.jbfsale.com/findAnEvent.jsp

• imagepitterpatter129:

imagekeags5496:

:)  Just Between Friends (large consignment) sale!  I used to get school and play clothes for a season for two kids for under $100!  All Nate's xmas gifts come from there for the most part too.

How did I miss knowing about this?!?
    EDT: never mind...apparently there's no events in ct. Boo
  • imagekeags5496:
    imagepitterpatter129:

imagekeags5496:

How did I miss knowing about this?!? EDT: never mind...apparently there's no events in ct. Boo

You should start one - franchise! They have to make a killing. Thousands of people participate here and I think she charges 30% of your profits as the fee!

• imagepitterpatter129:
    imagekeags5496:
    imagepitterpatter129:

imagekeags5496:

How did I miss knowing about this?!?
    EDT: never mind...apparently there's no events in ct. Boo

You should start one - franchise! They have to make a killing. Thousands of people participate here and I think she charges 30% of your profits as the fee!

Hmmmm...I like the way you think.
  • like pp said, i would just keep my absolute favorite items and sell the rest.  we are going to talk in october about a third and if we go for it, we will start trying right then. if we decide not to have a third, ill sell everything except things i want to piece together to make a quilt.

using the money for a vacation sounds fabulous! 

• I have sold everything- and even if I could get DH to consider a third- I would still continue to sell the boys' things.  The newer they are the more you get- the sale I sold most of the boys' large gear I made over $1000- my MOTC (Mother of Twin Club) takes 20% as a fee since I am a member.  This fall I will be selling my double stroller and a few of the ride on toys and a TON of winter clothes.  If you are looking for a sale to sell in many MOTC clubs do accept non members' as sellers- they take a larger percentage and you have to volunteer to work a shift.  But if you are looking to buy you typically get to preshop.
  • imagechickaboo1974:
    I have sold everything- and even if I could get DH to consider a third- I would still continue to sell the boys' things.  The newer they are the more you get- the sale I sold most of the boys' large gear I made over $1000- my MOTC (Mother of Twin Club) takes 20% as a fee since I am a member.  This fall I will be selling my double stroller and a few of the ride on toys and a TON of winter clothes.  If you are looking for a sale to sell in many MOTC clubs do accept non members' as sellers- they take a larger percentage and you have to volunteer to work a shift.  But if you are looking to buy you typically get to preshop.

I didn't even think about this.  I should sell things while they are still "in style".

• I guess it depends in part on how much space you have to store things in your home. We were literally tripping over our old baby stuff, so even though we were TTC at the time, we gave most of it away. We figured having it out of the way would be more than worth the cost of re-buying if we needed to.

If you have an extra big basement or attic where you can tuck everything out of sight, then it might be worth saving. Otherwise, I'd probably sell or donate.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"