June 2012 Moms

Baby fever... Anyone?

So, my DD is just about one this year FLEW by makes me miss her as a newborn. Despite the fact that I LoVE this stage! I never actually took to the newborn phase because I was so stressed out.. This may be because we have finally weaned her, But I miss feeling a baby kick, and all the excitement around having a new lil one. I don't know if I am just reliving those first nights in the hospital as a new family, something that obviously cannot be recreated, or wht it is. We can't really afford another one, and we are still smitten with our baby girl.. Sorry this is a crazy post but I feel like my emotions are all over..tell me I'm not alone in this " I want a new baby, but we can't" feeling..

Re: Baby fever... Anyone?

• I kind of feel the same way. Professionally I'm not in a great place for another baby just yet. FWIW, the feeling has gotten better since DS's birthday last week. I'm still nursing a couple of times a day, not pumping, past the really intense memories of a year ago, and thinking less and less about wanting another baby right away.

It does make me glad that I have Mirena and can't just go, "Oh, to hell with it!" in the heat of the moment.

• If I could just skip the pregnancy part. I disliked it a lot. I loved DS as a new born and throughout every stage. He started SSTN at 8 weeks though. I'm so ready for another baby but he was so easy I'm apprehensive for what number 2 might bring.

I'm also slightly selfish on the point that I haven't been in this shape since freshman year of college. I worked so hard this last six months that I'm not ready to go back to a post pregnancy body. The pregnant body is okay with me, just not the after.

We aren't quite ready financially either.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have full on major baby fever right now. We are waiting until I have been back to work for about 6 months before TTC, so around Dec/Jan. I didnt like being pregnant and the newborn stage was hard due to a long CS recovery and BF troubles... but I feel like having some experience in those areas will help me be more prepared for #2 and enjoy that phase more while sharing it with DD.

Its such a major decision though. I am trying to keep it out of my head until the holidays and see how we feel at that time and right now just focus on the fun we are having with DD. Its all happens so quickly and I am loving watching her grow into this sweet and happy little girl! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I miss being pregnant. I don't miss the newborn stage. I was alone with DD bc DH had to travel for work. It was very stressful. I think I was very close to getting PPD, so I am afraid of having another child because our life circumstances had not changes much since having DD.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Major baby fever here. We were going to wait until Jan., but my H had a major health scare a couple days ago. We both agreed that waiting a bit longer probably start TTC around Cooper's 2nd bday will be best. We both have quite a bit of weight to lose. Hopefully the next pregnancy will go more smoothly without the extra weight.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so glad I'm not alone! That's been the hardest thing feeling like nobody understands. I had PP anxiety that was pretty strong and part of me says I am much more relaxed and would be with the next one. My husband doesn't like te idea of more at least not until I have been teaching a little longer.

I keep having these memories of the first few months with the new baby and how wonderful it felt having her kicking me. All these women around me are pregnant and I'm living vicariously through them. I am so jealous of those of you almost ready to try! Trust me, I will be living vicariously through you too! Babies really are a blessing
  • imageBumbleBee9311:
    So, my DD is just about one this year FLEW by makes me miss her as a newborn. Despite the fact that I LoVE this stage! I never actually took to the newborn phase because I was so stressed out.. This may be because we have finally weaned her, But I miss feeling a baby kick, and all the excitement around having a new lil one. I don't know if I am just reliving those first nights in the hospital as a new family, something that obviously cannot be recreated, or wht it is. We can't really afford another one, and we are still smitten with our baby girl.. Sorry this is a crazy post but I feel like my emotions are all over..tell me I'm not alone in this " I want a new baby, but we can't" feeling..

I definitely feel this way sometimes. I miss the newborn stage. I also feel like I missed out on some of the enjoyment of that time due to high anxiety from breastfeeding issues and hormones. I'm hoping I'm much calmer the next time around, since I will know what I'm doing. I've learned to relinquish some of my control over every little thing. I can be a total control freak and that doesn't work well with a baby! LOL. I knew that if I didn't let go a little bit, I would drive everyone crazy, most of all myself.

For several reasons, we have decided to wait to try for a second until after DS is 2 or 3. 

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imageDawnLilly:
    If I could just skip the pregnancy part. I disliked it a lot. I loved DS as a new born and throughout every stage. He started SSTN at 8 weeks though. I'm so ready for another baby but he was so easy I'm apprehensive for what number 2 might bring. I'm also slightly selfish on the point that I'm not ready to go back to a post pregnancy body. The pregnant body is okay with me, just not the after. We aren't quite ready financially either.

All of this. I didn't mind the first 25 weeks of pregnancy, but the last 15 were awful for me. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• imagebunnyfungo:
    I've had baby fever for awhile now. DH and I knew that we wanted to have our babies close together, so we've been trying for a few months. I just got my BFP today for #2 and am so excited. Our kids will be just barely 2u2, but I'm glad they'll be so close together. Some people want to have them close together, and others would rather have them spread out. You just have to make the best decision for your family. 

Exactly this. Agreed! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Elonah [3], Bentley [1]

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"