Birthday Parties

Can't decide what theme for my son's 2nd birthday party

Hi,

My son will be turning two this year.  My husband and I initially thought that we would have a dinosaur theme birthday party, a cute one not the terrifying Jurassic Park one.  Then we started talking this evening about maybe switching it to a Noah's Ark theme.  We thought it would be cute because our son's name is Noah and he will be two and there were two of every animal on Noah's Ark.  I know cliche, but still cute.  Well I got to thinking about having an airplane theme party because our son has accomplished a lot this year due to his hard work and persistence during his therapy sessions.  He has had many milestones that he was behind on and he has accomplished some of them such as walking.  He is a fighter and hardworker.  Our son has special needs and he doesn't let it get him down.  He just keeps soaring away so to speak.  That is why I am thinking that the airplane theme is a cute theme to show and celebrate his accomplishment.  I was thinking Keep Soaring High Noah.  Well I can't decide which is the best theme.  So what do you think?  Any suggestions, tips, and advice are much welcome.  Thank you.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Clip Art Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18

Re: Can't decide what theme for my son's 2nd birthday party

• I'd do whatever means the most to you, which one you enjoy the most.

Because here's the thing - he's not really going to care all that much, and you're guests won't either.  Sure, people you're closer to - you may tell them the significance and they'll appreciate it.  But the regular party goer?  They aren't going to notice or think about "Oh- why THIS theme?".

I'm only saying that in the light of "don't be disappointed" if you put so much thought into it and no one really seems to care.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• imageEastCoastBride:

I'd do whatever means the most to you, which one you enjoy the most.

Because here's the thing - he's not really going to care all that much, and you're guests won't either.  Sure, people you're closer to - you may tell them the significance and they'll appreciate it.  But the regular party goer?  They aren't going to notice or think about "Oh- why THIS theme?".

I'm only saying that in the light of "don't be disappointed" if you put so much thought into it and no one really seems to care.

I agree. Also, for us the second b-day was the last year my kids weren't too picky about themes, so do what you like the best.  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • Loading the player...
  • Maybe have him pick the one he likes best out of those so it'll have a meaning for you and he'll feel involved/excited about choosing it

As PPs said guests won't care so just go with wath you and LO like best

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Thank you ladies for the advice.  I will chat with my husband and I guess we will decide what we it to be the most.  Thanks again.  Big Smile
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Clip Art Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18
  • I think the Noah's Ark thing is adorable, and using it now would be good because of the "two" thing, and because he may not be okay with you using it later. I like the airplane one too, and think it would be a good one to save for 3 or 4 or 5. Let us know what you decide!

I did a Noah's Ark party for my son's 1st birthday, and it was adorable. His 2nd birthday was "Two Two Trains" - like "Choo choo." 

• I think the Noah's Ark theme is cute for a Noah at 2!  And I think it would be special to save your "Keep Soaring High, Noah!" for 3 or 4 when he might be able to understand that it's a celebration of his achievements.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Definitely Noah. It fits his name and age perfectly, and is adorable.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you ladies.  We have decided to go with the Noah's Ark theme.  We felt that it fits perfectly and also at this point our son doesn't care what the theme is, so we felt like it is now or never.  When he is older, it won't fit as well.  My husband and I love the theme and wanted to do something with Noah's Ark sometime and this is the time.  Thank you for the suggestions. 
  • I love the Noah's Ark theme idea. It's my brother's name too. All the Noah's Ark stuff he had as a little boy was so cute! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"