Baby Names
Options

Alistair

WDYT of Alistair? How would you pronounce it? Middle names? TIA!
FORMERLY NADCHAEL.

VOTE on my Name List

Re: Alistair

• Options
    We have an Alastair so obviously I'm partial to it. It's pronounced ALihstur how you would say Alister, my DH is Scottish and in Scotland it's pronounced more like ALihstuh.

Edit: We used a family surname for the middle.
  • Options
    Love it
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo octoberowls_zps78dd2214.png

May Siggy: Baby in disguise

photo photo1-1.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    oops34oops34 member

I really like this name.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I've always loved this name. Had a major crush on the Alistair who was on You Can't Do That on Television
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    I really like the name Alistair. Very English sounding to me and would go well with something that was old fashioned.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• Options
    It's very proper sounding and upper crust to me.

I hate to say that I think it sounds kind of sinister, like a bad guy's name. I can't tell you why I have that association. Maybe it reminds me of Azrael or malice. I'm just a weirdo and obviously the odd man out here!

N '13 January Siggy Challenge
    ~*~ Winter Weather Fails ~*~
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Alistair is our top boy name. I love that Cookie Monster was Alistair Cookie on Monsterpiece Theatre! We paired it with the middle name Graham. I also can't stand the nickname Al so we will be using the nickname of Atlas.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"