May 2013 Moms
Options

exercise

I just had my 6 wk pp check-up and and am cleared to start exercising.  The OB said to start out slow.  

I'm wondering (especially for you STMs) what stretches/exercises you found to be most productive and easiest to fit into your new schedule caring for baby.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: exercise

• Options
    I would start with walking and 5 squats, pushups, triceps dips, crunches then plank and superman for 10 seconds. Then add reps as you feel stronger. Those few exercises will hit most of your major muscle groups and get you headed in the right direction.

Once you can walk 2 to 3 miles, you can get into running with the couch to 5 K plan. It is a good transition.

May the force be with you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I found walking 30 to 45mins a day with the boys to be extremely helpful. I also have added free weight training for my arms and resistance training for my legs while the boys nap during the day. At night I like to do 30mins to an hour of a workout dvd. I am really into the Jillian Micheals series. I have slowly been incorporating abs but my incision site is still tender even though I am 8wks PP. I try to workout 4 to 5x a wk.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMermaidNM:
    I would start with walking and 5 squats, pushups, triceps dips, crunches then plank and superman for 10 seconds. Then add reps as you feel stronger. Those few exercises will hit most of your major muscle groups and get you headed in the right direction. Once you can walk 2 to 3 miles, you can get into running with the couch to 5 K plan. It is a good transition. May the force be with you.

What a great plan! And fairly easy to do with a newborn! Tha n ks 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I am walking since I can take her with me and just doing about 510 leg lifts each side and some sit ups. I just see how I feel as to how much I do.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am excited to head out on my first run tomorrow. What did you do to work out before you got pregnant? You should probably be able to get back into whatever you were doing before. Jogging strollers are great, and so are videos. I also like the Wii Fit workouts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"