Preemies
Options

yeast infection--- baby

My son has developed a HORRIBLE yeast infection from being on antibiotics for recurrent ear infections. The first cream they gave us seemed to help but then he went on a stronger antibiotic and BAM it is back worse than ever. 

here's my question- the prescription says that we need to use it at every diaper change and to make diaper changes frequent and not allow him to be in a wet diaper. What would you do about night time? he STTN and of course ends up with a wet diaper. do I wake him up to change his diaper throughout the night? I'm not sure what to do and feel silly calling the doctor to ask 

imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: yeast infection--- baby

• Options

Thanks... when I got home I put a bunch of his bath toys in the bathtub and let him play around naked for a while.  My plan is that if he wakes up at all tonight (which he has been the last few nights because of this) I'm going to change him while he's already up. If he sleeps through the night I'll give him some time in the tub to air dry before I put his diaper on him before school.  

Unfortunately the new ointment they prescribed isn't in stock at our pharmacy. My friend's husband (a pharmacist) recommended mono stat 7 so we are using that tonight and tomorrow morning... hopefully it helps a bit!!!!  

imageimage

• Options

So the doctor called in an Rx for an ointment.  When we went to get it they told us that it had to be ordered and wouldn't be in until today. I talked to my friend's husband who is a pharmacist and he told me to buy Monistat 7 and put that on.  (the other versions Monistat 3 or 1 would be too strong and could burn... as could Lotrimin which he recommends when they are older). I went and got it and put it on...  and gave him extra probiotic in his yogurt last night. It was SOOOO much better today and almost gone! I'll still go get the Rx so we have it on hand and I am NOT telling anyone that they should do this without consulting a dr but it worked!!! it makes sense too... I mean we use it for yeast infections why not them?

YAY! little guy is on the mend! 

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Next time your little guy is on antibiotics, try giving him probiotics also. It should combat the antibiotics and avoid that nasty yeast infection. Works every time for my boys. Glad to read yiur LO is looking better though.
  • Options
    DrRxDrRx member

I'm glad that it got much better!

I also wanted to say that whenever Adalyn gets some diaper rash, we use the nystatin ointment and then also add Bordeux Butt paste over it.  It really helps clear it up quickly! 

TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"