D.C. Area Babies

Best NICU-VBAC hospital

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to the area and recently discovered I was pregnant. With twins (may g-d help us all...). I had a c-section with my older son and was told I was a good candidate for VBAC - back when we thought I will be having my babies one at a time... 

So now I'm more concerned about finding a hospital with a great NICU, but it would be great if it was also a place that - if all goes well - would not dismiss the VBAC idea altogether... Would greatly appreciate your input, past experiences, and tips :-)

Re: Best NICU-VBAC hospital

• Fairfax Hospital has an excellent NICU. I would think the VBAC would be more of a physician preference and I would look into finding an OB that is willing to do a VBAC with twins that possibly has privledges at FFX Hospital.

• Fairfax is a level 4 NICU, which i think is the highest level in the area.  Where are you located.  The hospital that's closest to me is a level 1 nursery (they don't even have a NICU).  We decided to deliver in DC at Washington Hospital Center, which is actually attached to Children's hospital.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My son was at fairfac hospital's nicu and the care is fabulous. It is an older nicu and does not have private rooms like fair oaks does. I delivered at fair oaks and was teansfered to faifax due ro my son needing hearr surgery. Thw fair oaks nicu is very nice with great nurses and in the same network as fairfax, so they will transfer you there if it is something more seriois
  • I dont know where your located but Mary Washington has a great NICU.  Its in Frederickburg Va
    April 10 IUI BFN Sept 10 IUI BRN Feb 11 IVF hoping for a BFP! Feb 27 ER 28 eggs Mar 4 8 health eggs, 2 ET Mar 17 - Beta 180!! BFP!!! Mar 21 - Beta 1295!! holy cow what a jump Coming soon 1st Sono March 30!!! Crossing fingers for healthy stick bean(s) Mar 29 miscarry :( 6w 3d 2nd IVF July 2011 BFP July 2011 M/C 11/11/11 hate to say good bye again! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 3rd IVF 4/3/12 ER 46 eggs (holly cow batman) 40 mature, 36 fertilized 4/8/12 ET 2 AB put back 4/10/12 15 make it to FREEZE 4/22/12 Beta BFN 1st FET 6/7/12 Day we are going to put back 2. 6/21/12 BFP 1285 6/25/12 4780 I hope this time they stick!! Deaglan William welcome. My rainbow is finally here February 7, 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"