May 2013 Moms
Options

Mastitis

I'm pretty sure I have mastitis. I consulted with doctor google and the symptoms describe me perfectly. I have been cold and having chills all day. I took my temp and it was 100.1. I know I should continue nursing, take Tylenol, and do warm and cold compresses. Is there anyone else struggling with this? What else can I do to get rid of it and how long does it usually take to go away?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Mastitis

• Options
    I'm sorry, I have no experience or suggestions for you except to post this over on the Breasfeeding board as well. I'm sure you would get a lot of insight there.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I would call your doctor. I'm not positive, but I think I've heard you need antibiotics to treat mastitis. Hope you feel better soon!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've dealt with it twice in the last 6 weeks. It's no fun and I'm sorry you're going through it. If it hurts to nurse pump. A lot. Massage massage massage the tender area, I know it hurts but it will help clear the infection. This last time the infection was so bad I couldn't pump anything out of that side and had to manually express the pus from my breast. If you have a fever you're going to need antibiotics. Call the OB in the morning and they should be able to just call them in for you. Hot showers, warm compresses, lots of massaging, and rest! I hope you feel better soon. It really sucks with a newborn around.
    TTC since 3/4/2010
    Me: PCOS, DH: normal
    Started seeing RE 11/10/2011
    8/31/2012 = BFP!!
    First Ultrasound... TRIPLETS! EDD 5/11/13
    Baby w/ no HB @ 10w4d - We love you angel baby.
    Baby A & B doing great. A/S 12/10/12 - Healthy BOYS!
    Sawyer & Silas born at 33+6 on 3/29/13
    imageimage
    imageView Raw Image" height="250" width="375">

image"Lilypie">image

• Options
    Thank you all for your advice and support.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Dealing with it now. Went to the dr for antibiotics. I had no idea that a breast infection could make me feel sooooo sick!
  • Options
    ksimmyksimmy member
    I got it when I was 2 weeks PP and you need antibiotics to get rid of it and ASAP. You temp can get higher and higher. Mine went to 103 quickly. So you need to call your doc and you should keep breastfeeding and making sure to empty on that side. Also you should have redness on one boob if you have mastitis. But you need to call your doc. I felt better with in 24 hours after IV antibiotics. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"