Birth Stories

Tummy Tenant is...

...baby Terrence Maurice!  And this is his birth story.

On Saturday, Nov. 8, 2008 at 4:15 am, I thought my water broke, but instead I was just losing my mp but not in the way I imagined.  I took a shower, got dressed, ate and DH and I drove to the hospital. I was having contractions every 5 - 6 minutes at this point.

We checked in.  I was 50% effaced and only 2 cm dilated.  The hospital was ready to send me home.  The nurse checked the reading on my son's heartbeat and made a call to my doctor to come to the hospital.  My doctor had two patients at his private practice and promised to be at the hospital ASAP.  The hospital admitted me.  Contractions are now at 4 minutes apart.

My OB comes and examines me.  He feels my son's head and doesn't understand why I'm not much more dilated.  At this point, I'm only at 3 cm.  He gives me the option of breaking my water or getting a c-section.  I'm worried and opted for the c-section. 

Immediately I'm in surgery, and less than 15 minutes later, my son is out.  I don't hear a cry immediately, but he does give a cry.  My OB mentions its a weak cry.  DH and I see our baby and they take him to get oxygen.  My baby boy had the umbilical cord wrapped around his body and lost oxygen to his brain.  He has brain damage but the neurologists do not know to what extent or how severe.And my baby is baffling them right now because he is being responsive that conflicts with findings from MRIs and EEGs.  Let's just say, I know there is a God.

My baby boy was born at 2:35 pm at 6 lbs, 9 ozs and 20 inches long.  He has a head full of black, curly hair and is absolutely adorable.  He is also sick and my family would like to ask that you keep him in your thoughts and prayers.  

It is tough when you feel you've done everything right in your pregnancy and something can still turn out quite wrong.  I'm trying to be strong for my baby.  My point is not to scare anyone.  I just want to share my story.  It isn't as how I hoped for, but I'm optimistic and I am just waiting for my baby to come on home.

Thank you for your questions and support on this board.  I have learned a lot and I wish you ladies well as you prepare for motherhood.  I will be on the 0-6 months and perhaps the Special Needs communities.

Take care!

Re: Tummy Tenant is...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"