June 2013 Moms
Options

Starving all the time still

Is anyone else starving all the time while nursing? With my first I had no appetite after having her and in the first couple week of nursing her. I had to set reminders on my phone and force myself to eat.

Ever since I got off pain pills from having my csection I can't stop eating. I feel like I'm still eating like a pregnant person! Last night I literally ate a huge BBQ dinner, 2 pieces of pizza, two pieces of toast, a bowl of strawberries, and a taco within a 3 hour period. Now it's 4am and after nursing my LO I'm contemplating heading to the kitchen for some Cheerios...
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Starving all the time still

• Options
    Me too! Starving!!
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Me too. My DH says he's going to put locks on the fridge and cabinets.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've heard of this crazy appetite while nursing, but I never have one! I have to force food down! I'll eat a granola bar, or cereal and stay full for like 68 hours.
  • Options
    PGASTLPGASTL member

When I was nursing LO, I was hungry ALL The Time. Seriously - if BFing burns 500 extra calories, I probably wanted to eat 1,500 extra calories, it was crazy!

Unfortunately it didn't really go away until she was weaned around 12 months and I had to really watch my calorie intake to avoid gaining weight. I filled up on lots of fruits and vegetables and eventually had to ban little debbies from the house... :)

• Options
    Yep I still feel pregnant eating snacks during nightly feedings and all day!
  • Options
    AchaeAchae member
    Yes, I had no appetite during pregnancy. My sister points out though that I'm burning calories making food for baby, so it makes sense! For me I'm just loading tons of fruit. Mmmm
  • Options
    I actually got sick and wasn't able to eat for 3 days while nursing and my supply took a huge drop so I went to my OB and she put me back on the acid-reducing meds I was on in the first trimester to help with appetite.  Since then I've been ravenous!  And wanting to eat strange things like bacon-mustard sandwiches and sausage with ramen noodles...
  • Options
    Good to know I'm not alone! I'm 8 days PP and only 5 pounds above pre pregnancy weight so I must be using all the calories! I will definitely stock up on some fruit and protein bars though
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"