Babies: 0 - 3 Months

3 week old eats 6oz of formula in one sitting...

My 3 week old daughter is a HUGE eater! We are feeding her pumped breast milk and formula... we have been giving her 3oz bottles.. but she DEMANDS more milk! It isnt uncommon for her to drink 2x 3oz bottles in one feeding. She gets very frantic and munches on her hands and will whine until she is fed more. She also eats about every 2 hours! Lots of eating going on around here.. does this seem normal to anyone? TIA!

Re: 3 week old eats 6oz of formula in one sitting...

• That may sound like a lot, but at 3 weeks my son was nursing both sides and taking an additional 3oz. If she isn't throwing it all up or anything afterwards then she should be fine. She is just hungry. lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • BSankoBSanko member
    Yes..I think I just need reassurance because it seems like so much! She doesn't throw it up... (rarely she will spit up a tad bit) but that is rare. I just keep seeing everyone how babies her age eat an average of 2-3oz every 3 hours or so.. so by her eating double its a bit alarming... but she is a happy, healthy chubby baby.. I love it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Guess it must be. My 2 week old drains both sides easily
  • So glad to read this post...my almost 2 week old eats 4 oz consistantly but started looking for more and drained a 5 oz bottle and ate another 4 oz 3 hours later.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My guy eats about 25 ounces per day in expressed breastmilk, plus time on breast.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • At 2 weeks and even now my LO eats every 1 1/2 to 2 hours probably 2.5 ounces. I suppose if i made him wait 3to 4 hours he would eat double. If the baby is demanding more, try feeding more frequently.
    photo siggy_zpsf288824b.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am glad to hear other people talking about their LO eating like crazy because my LO does the same. He eats like 5 oz bottles and then will want to eat like 2 hours later. I call him my piggy.
  • baby girl did the same for me, she's now eating 8oz four times a day... as long as she's happy and healthy! :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • my baby went through a growth spurt last week, and she would cluster feed every hour from 1am to 5am. I'm sure during that time she was easily getting 4-5 oz every 2 hours. She's since calmed down, but she still eats about 3.5 oz every 2-3 hours. 
    Siggy Challenge- Valentines Day FAIL Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"