July 2013 Moms

Sore armpit?

Since I woke up this morning my right armpit has been really sore and tender to the touch. It is right around where the top side of my breast meets my armpit. Anyone else experiencing this? I am just about 36 weeks and go to the docs tomorrow so I will mention it then as well.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}

Re: Sore armpit?

• Ya actually. I had the same thing (a little lower than you're describing though) just a few days ago for a day or two. It went away on it's own though, so I didn't pursue it. I figured I just slept funny causing it to be sore. Hope it goes away for you soon!
    imageView Full Size Image

• happened to me for a few days, then when away. Still not sure why. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    because it didn't fucking snow enough for me to build my own
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep, I've had this. My right armpit has been sore off and on since 2nd tri. It's breast tissue that expands all the way up there. Don't be freaked out when after you give birth and your milk comes in that it gets bigger and tender. During my last pregnancy I didn't have any armpit soreness but when my milk came in after my son was born, my right armpit swelled up to the size of a golfball. Yikes. I guess you can have milk ducts up there. Anyway, it went away after a week or two. Same thing happened to a friend of mine. Weird huh?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• I haven't had that issue while pregnant, but when I was breastfeeding, I got sore up there when I was engorged. My breasts are crazy sore this pregnancy, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same tissue swelling. 
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When pregnant with DS I was so confused why my armpit was swollen and sore towards the end of pregnancy.  Turns out there was a milk duct up there.  When my milk came in, it was SO sore and swollen, but after a few days it went away.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"