Adoption

Im having their baby tv show

I think this TV show was discussed before but if not its a documentary on oxygen that shows the adoption process. A rerun was on last night and the new season starts tonight 10 est I believe.

I'm excited to watch!!

Re: Im having their baby tv show

• Thanks for this, I'll have to set my DVR.

My only quibble with it was that every birthmom at the end was all, "I'm fabulous! Life is good!" I would like to see some of them talk about post-placement struggles from their perspective.

• I agree with that statement. The big problem I had with the episode that was on last night and it may be an unpopular opinion but the Em originally picked a set of APs and then based on how excited they got at the ultrasound she picked a different couple. In the end she decieded to parent which is great. I'm not sure what point I'm trying to make with this as I know she was probably struggling that they were feeling joy and she wanted to as well, it just really made me think for when we get matched.
    Will I be judged if I show emotion? What if I show no emotion? Will they think I'm heartless and don't want this baby.

Wow that was long. Thanks for letting me get that out.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageNextChapter24:
    I think this TV show was discussed before but if not its a documentary on oxygen that shows the adoption process. A rerun was on last night and the new season starts tonight 10 est I believe.

I'm excited to watch!!

Yeah, I would not consider this a documentary at all. It's a reality show. Our best friends are one of the couples so I saw how things got twisted for drama.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageNextChapter24:
    I agree with that statement. The big problem I had with the episode that was on last night and it may be an unpopular opinion but the Em originally picked a set of APs and then based on how excited they got at the ultrasound she picked a different couple. In the end she decieded to parent which is great. I'm not sure what point I'm trying to make with this as I know she was probably struggling that they were feeling joy and she wanted to as well, it just really made me think for when we get matched. Will I be judged if I show emotion? What if I show no emotion? Will they think I'm heartless and don't want this baby. Wow that was long. Thanks for letting me get that out.

i know my son's birthmom was glad we got excited at the ultrasound. I watched that episode last night also and I don't think that mom was ever fully set on adoption, she was just hoping it would get her husband back and when she realized placing for adoption wouldn't bring him back she decided to parent.

TTC since June 2009
    01/10- Femara
    03/10- Femara
    07/2010- Clomid with injectables and IUI #1
    08/2010- IUI #2
    06/2011- IVF #1 BFP!
    09/2011- Miscarriage at 10 1/2 weeks
    11/2011- FET
    01/2012- Start Home Study process
    03/2012- Home Study approved and now waiting on our child to find us!
    07/2012- matched with a BM who is due in October!
    11/10/12- our son is born!
    11/13/12- court grants us custody!
     12/28/12- finalization! Always ours in our hearts, but.now also ours forever

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

http://keepingupwiththejoneses-dana.blogspot.com/

• imagedholsapp:

imageNextChapter24:
    I agree with that statement. The big problem I had with the episode that was on last night and it may be an unpopular opinion but the Em originally picked a set of APs and then based on how excited they got at the ultrasound she picked a different couple. In the end she decieded to parent which is great. I'm not sure what point I'm trying to make with this as I know she was probably struggling that they were feeling joy and she wanted to as well, it just really made me think for when we get matched. Will I be judged if I show emotion? What if I show no emotion? Will they think I'm heartless and don't want this baby. Wow that was long. Thanks for letting me get that out.

i know my son's birthmom was glad we got excited at the ultrasound. I watched that episode last night also and I don't think that mom was ever fully set on adoption, she was just hoping it would get her husband back and when she realized placing for adoption wouldn't bring him back she decided to parent.

This.

• I agree I think that she was never 100% sure she would place.  
    Pursing Domestic Infant Adoption through a local agency. In the meantime, our dog is our baby.  Bumping from Portland, Oregon. 
  • One episode was filmed in Portland and the one couple actually used our agency. I recognized them when they spoke at an adoptive parent panel. They talked about the adoption process as well as the filming experience.  

Pursing Domestic Infant Adoption through a local agency. In the meantime, our dog is our baby.  Bumping from Portland, Oregon. 
  • I have decided to avoid this show since I am stressed over our match at the moment. However, my mother stumbling across this show may be worse than me watching. Now, she is freaking out a bit so I have lost her calm influence. *sigh*

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I watched this show last year and had to stop watching because it was stressing me out during our adoption process. But, saying that it also really helps show what the adoption process is like for the Birth Parents.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"