Maryland Babies
Options

Shady Grove, opinions...

Hello,

Just looking for opinions on Shady Grove, preferably the Abingdon location.  Unfortunately, I will be pushing to have more testing to be done since the loss of our baby.  (This is our second loss since December 2012.)  Just looking for opinions if anyone has them, Dr. personalities, etc.

My other opion in the area is Fertility Center of Md...

(Oh-small intro- I've been on the bump and this board forever, but had to change my screen name and profile due to privacy issues with the old name. Hi again!!)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Shady Grove, opinions...

• Options

Welcome back!

I highly recommend Shady Grove and specifically the Columbia location, but I've really heard only good things about all the locations.

SG ordered a RPL blood panel on me after my 2nd loss (both were early 1st tri losses) so I doubt you will have to push too hard to get them to do some more testing and investigate the cause of your losses (for which I am terribly sorry, by the way).

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Options

I went to Shady Grove in annapolis and I love everyone there. They are the reason I have been able to get pregnant the last 5 out of 6 times I have been pregnant. I have 3 other friends and family members using them all over Md and they love them too.

Good luck!!

Heather

DS- Brenden born 11/13/93 Missed miscarriage on March 6, 2007 @ 9 weeks D&C on March 8th 2007. Riley Annalise born 2/25/08 ( 3 weeks early weighing 8 lbs 12.8 oz.) Chemical pregnancy 3/2010. Sydney Adriana born sleeping on 9/30/11 weighing 10lbs 3 oz at 38wks 4 days. Trinity Alivia born via c section at 36 wks 4 days weighing 9 lbs. 5.7 oz. She is our amazing rainbow baby!!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PGAL buddy drvst8
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I thought SG was wonderful.  The process was so streamlined and whenever I had freakouts or questions the nurses were available to talk or called back within the day.  Any issues were cleared up by the doctor.  I went through 2 ivf cycles for current pregnancy and the doctor was able to work out the issues that effected the first cycle and give us some answers.  I don't know anything about the Abingdon location, my doctor was in Annapolis, and I did some other work at the Columbia office because of work.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

If not for Shady Grove, the little guy in my siggy would not be here.  I seriously cannot say enough good things about them.  I went to the GBMC location but have heard only good things about all locations.  My Dr. wasn't the warm fuzzy kind, but he knew his stuff and there is zero doubt in my mind that he didn't always have what was in our best interest and in pursuit of our best bet for success in mind.  And although he's not warm and fuzzy, he got choked up a little when we did our final u/s before moving onto the OB.  The nurses and other staff were amazing.

We had a consultation at Fertility Center of MD as well.  The RE we met with seemed good too, although we found the office staff to be much less professional then at Shady Grove.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have nothing but great things to say about SG, including the Bel Air location! I went there almost 3 years ago to help get pregnant with LO1. I went through three cycles of IUI. The entire staff, from receptionist, to nurse, lab tech, and providers were awesome.

I primarily saw Dr. Katz and the PA Wende, but also saw Dr. Yazigi occasionally. Not sure if their hours have changed, but back in 2010 they were not open on weekends....so there would be some times that I had to go to GBMC instead. That wasn't a big deal, since the same doctors also work in that office.

I was actually sad when I transitioned out of their care because it felt so personal.

And as some added history, in 2008 I was an egg donor for them. I had a pleasant experience with everyone at that time, and that was my primary reason for selecting them when I needed help with my own infertility issues.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I highly recommend SG. I have had experience with Fertility Center of Maryland. The REs are fine, the nursing staff (one nurse in particular with an ironic name) weren't so great. If it weren't for Dr. Katz and SG, I wouldn't be preggers.
  • Options
    Good to hear! I am a newbie here and we were also looking into SG. We are a lesbian couple TTC. Does anyone know if they are lesbian friendly? Thanks!!
  • Options

imagepenguin122308:
    Good to hear! I am a newbie here and we were also looking into SG. We are a lesbian couple TTC. Does anyone know if they are lesbian friendly? Thanks!!

My DS is a Shady Grove of Bel Air/GBMC gift. We had a great experience and they were very thorough with my early loss testing both times. There were a couple lesbian couples cycling when we did and it seemed like they were having the same experience as us. Good luck to all! :) 

Married 6/08, TTC 7/09
    MC w/ D&C 3/11 ~ 9.5 weeks
    CP/MC 1/12 ~ 5 weeks
    2 IUI's w/ BFN
    IVF 6/12 ~ 8R, 0F ~ Rescue ISCI gave us 3dt of 2 (6 cell, 9+ cell)
    DS born ~ 3/3/13
    IVF 6/14 ~ Operation Sibling ~ 10R, 5F ~ 5dt of 1 Blast
    Beta 1: 1600+, Beta 2: 4588
    Everyone Welcome!
    image image
    Pregnancy Ticker image

• Options
    imageJenny935:

imagepenguin122308:

My DS is a Shady Grove of Bel Air/GBMC gift. We had a great experience and they were very thorough with my early loss testing both times. There were a couple lesbian couples cycling when we did and it seemed like they were having the same experience as us. Good luck to all! :) 

Congrats on your son! We recently moved from TX and experienced quite a bit of homophobia and discrimination. We love MD and have never felt it here, but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks so much.

• Options
    rox825rox825 member
    Stronger, if you're still reading this, I sent you a private message.

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"