Eco-Friendly Family

makeup products?

I have not been able to go so ecofriendly that I ditch the makeup altogether but want to find some products that are better for my skin. I have been using physicians formula organic mascara which I love and their tinted moisturizer as well. The moisturizer seems to make my face very oily and break out. Any suggestions for other products? Something reasonably priced would be preferred.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: makeup products?

• For make up, I really like Jane Iredale (minerals).  Regarding moisturizer, I love Weleda's Soothing Almond moisturizer.  It's a bit pricey.  I've had good luck with Burt's Bees also.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Definitely look into Ava Anderson's skin care line the best and the safest, and it has changed my skin! Most 'mineral' makeups aren't actually that safe...but I use Ava's powder foundation made from a silk/clay base and mix with our daily moisturizer to make a liquid foundation!
    Do you know what toxic chemicals are lurking in your current products? Check them at www.ewg.org. For fantastic skin, body, baby and home products WITHOUT hazardous chemicals, visit www.AvaAndersonMA.com
  • Loading the player...
  • imagequeenjody:
    Definitely look into Ava Anderson's skin care line the best and the safest, and it has changed my skin! Most 'mineral' makeups aren't actually that safe...but I use Ava's powder foundation made from a silk/clay base and mix with our daily moisturizer to make a liquid foundation!

I second Ava (user and I am a consultant). I use many of their products, daily. Let me know if you have any questions!  Their skin care line is amazing.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

CafeMom Tickers

• It's not super inexpensive but I did just discover nvey eco which is organic makeup.  I bought my first actual lipstick (not a gloss, etc..) in months and I love it!

They have a line of skin care and other makeup products too. 

• Cross reference all your beauty and health products on www.ewg.org/skindeep. I have found and replaced a lot of my toxic products via this awesome resource.
  • I like 100% Pure brand makeup and RMS concealer. Kind of pricey though..
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Eminence skin care is organic, biodynamic and concentrated. They started with skin care and have expanded to cosmetics. They have a SPF30 mineral powder in a brush that comes in 5 or 6 shades. I use that, tinted moisturizer, bronzer, blush, gloss, and most of their cosmetics and love them. Jane Iredale is also excellent.
  • I recently made the switch to Honeybee Gardens cosmetics. They also have a great herbal mint hair spray. Every now and then on they will post promo codes and free shipping on their Facebook page, that's when I stock up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"