Birthday Parties
Options

Mickey themed menu/Non Hot dog

I was thinking about doing hot dogs from my DS mickey mouse bday party, but we have have been eating super healthy and hot dogs don't really fall into that category.

Do y'all have any ideas?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Mickey themed menu/Non Hot dog

• Options
    What does "super healthy" mean to you?  (What kinds of things do you eat?)
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

If not actual hot dogs, what about turkey dogs? Or if you are grilling then turkey burgers? Black bean burgers? Or grilled chicken and veggie kabobs?

We just had DS1 3rd Birthday party. It was outside under a pavillion but was mostly Toy Story themed. We had BBQ pork in a crockpot, pasta salad with lots of fresh veggies, baked beans, and big ol bowl of fruit. Had basics to drink like water, flavored water for the kids, lemonade, and tea.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

View Raw Image'>

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Our Mickey Party Consisted of:

Apps:  Mickey Shaped Club house Sandwiches, mickey shaped pizza, chip n dales chips and dips, daisy's garden veggies

Mains:  Hot Dogs, Sausages  (polish and Italian), Steak, Chicken , Potatoes, Pete's Bean Salad, Garden Salad, Minnie Bow-tique Pasta Salad, Corn on the Cob

Dessert:  We had Mickey Cupcakes, Mickey shaped Cookies, Fruit platters, banana bread and Birthday Cake

• Options

Minniestrone soup!

She takes it to Goofy when he gets a cold while camping.

Damn dvd.

• Options
    Mickey shaped sandwiches? I think that should be sufficient. The rest can be finger foods. 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

imagePrimRoseMama:
    Mickey shaped sandwiches? I think that should be sufficient. The rest can be finger foods. 

This would go great with Minniestrone soup!

• Options
    Costco has MM shaped natural chicken nuggets!  They are so very good :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageblu-eyedwife:

whole food/real food for the most part 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    thank y'all for the great suggestions!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageHesterlicious:

Minniestrone soup!

She takes it to Goofy when he gets a cold while camping.

Damn dvd.

haha, this made me LOL! My kid is obsessed with this one too.

What about doing cornbread in muffin tins with little hot dogs in them so it's like a little corn dog. It's better than doing a whole hot dog and the kids love them!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagebabiesbabiesbabies:

imageblu-eyedwife:

whole food/real food for the most part 

Yeah I don't know what this means.  Personally, I think almost everything suggested here is unhealthy.  But you think they're great suggestions, so I'm really lost as to what you're looking for.

Then again, I don't worry too much about healthy foods for parties.  It's not like we eat like that every day.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Does it have to be themed? I usually just serve whatever food I want and save the theme for the d?cor and favors.

But hot dogs (or anything, really) can be made or purchased in healthier versions. We eat Hebrew National all beef hot dogs. Or just relax a little about the food since it's a party and doesn't happen very often. Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"