Infertility
Options

Microdose Flare Protocol

Anyone on here had success with this protocol?

TTC since 2012 

Dx : DOR

IUI #1 (Follistim switched over to Menopur injections) - BFN

Attempted IUI #2 (Menopur injections only cycle) better response on the Menopur then the Follistim combination treatment cycle however my cycle was still canceled due to my eggs not maturing and follicles not growing enough on a high dose of Menopur (Re said I could try a cycle of comid + ovidrel  for an IUI) for my second IUI( praying this works for us)

Clomid + Ovidrel protocol worked still a BFN as a result

Attempted cycle  Clomid  + Ovidrel protocol for IUI # 3 (Unable to do this cycle due to a cyst)

IUI # 3 Clomid+ Ovidrel protocol - BFP    Beta #1 752  Beta #2  1536    Beta #3 3797

EDD 10/27/14

Our sweet baby boy arrived on 9/2/14 TTC # 2 Conceived without help- June 2015 July 2015- Miscarriage ( blighted ovum)
March 2016 (ectopic pregnancy) :( 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Microdose Flare Protocol

• Options
    RoeniRoeni member
    What drugs are involved?  I have tried googling this since I have seen you post it a few times.  I had never heard of microdose flare...I took bravelle/menopur for my fresh cycle.  Good luck!
  • Options
    I think a lot people do but I did not. They think it was too aggressive as I was in the max amount of stims or close to it. I responded too quickly. You might want to post this on the PAIF board if you aren't getting many success stories in here.
    Best of luck and I hope it's successful for you!
    Me 36/DH 46 Me: Low AMH (.21) DOR, mild endo; Started seeing RE 11/12
    Jan-March '13 3 IUIs Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    April '13 IVF 1 MDLF converted to 4th IUI due to 3 runaway follicles! BFN
    July/Aug '13 IVF 1.2 Long Lupron = 7R, 6F, 2T= BFP!!!
    Beta 1=512, Beta 2=1,368 Beta 3= 4,128
    It's a boy!!!!
    SUA, GD
    EDD 4/26/14

He's Here! Arrived 4/15/14!!!!

September 2015 - FET with remaining embryos
    Twins! EDD: 6/14/15

PAIF/SAIF Everyone welcome!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

***SIGGY/TICKER WARNING***

I had great success with this protocol.  I think it may be better suited to someone who is older or has concerns about their egg quantity.  I did IVF twice, two different protocols, and was very lucky that they both worked.

I was 38.5 and did straight antagonist the first time: BCPs, Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, and trigger shot.  My quality and quantity weren't as high as my second cycle, which was the MDLF (microdose lupron flare), but it was enough to get the job done (see siggy for specifics).

I was about 39.75 when we did the MDLF protocol, and the results were much better.  I had more and better quality eggs, and even had 4 frosties, which didn't happen the first time.  For this cycle, I did BCPs, took the small dose of lupron twice daily, I believe starting a day or two before my other meds, took Follistim and Menopur, and triggered with HCG.  Again, see siggy to compare the results of the two cycles.

Everyone responds differently to different protocols, but if your RE is suggesting it, I'd consider giving it a shot. 

10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
    IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
    IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    hi Nawlinsgrl,

I know this is an old post, but I'm about to start MDLF protocol and I was wondering how much follistim and menopur you used for your successful cycle?  

I'm doing a total of 450, but my RE said I could do either 300 follistim and 150 menopur OR 225 of each. I am worried about using too much menopur, so I'd thought I'd see how much you used.

TIA!!!

• Options
    Hi Fizzachaudhary,
    Keep me posted! My baseline scan showed an AFC of 7. 

Good luck!
  • Options
    zeynsomzeynsom member
    In my first (and failed) IVF cycle I did microdose lupron flare. I was on BCP first, then 20 units of microdose lupron (x2/day-- am, pm) and 300 follistim (x2/day, am, pm). I had 10 follicles (5L 5R) in my baseline check. I responded quite slowly and over time 5 follicles on the right disappeared. But all my five follicles on the left grew. At the end they were able to retrieve all. 4 of them fertilized, 3 are transferred on day 3 (we did day 3 because of the low numbers not because of the quality), and the fourth one made it to the 6-day freeze. Overall, I had quite high quality eggs (although none of them stuck). 4 out of 5 is a great number. And, given my hormonal levels, the doctor was not expecting more eggs at the end and was pleasantly surprised with the quality. 

I have a new RE now for my second cycle but both my old RE and the new RE agree that I should do microdose flare again. This time however they are not putting me on BCP. They thought that it suppressed me too much. Instead we are doing estrogen priming followed by microdose lupron. And this time we are also going to do 225 follistim (x2/day) and 75 menupur (x2/day).

Good luck!

---- Siggy warning ------

Me 34 y/o  DH 35 y/o

IVF#1 (ICSI)-- April 2014-- MDL with BCP, 5R, 4 ICSID, 3dt with three embryos, 1 six-day freeze (2BA grade)-- BFN

IVF#2.1 (ICSI)-- August 2014: MDL without BCP-- cancelled

Natural IUI on 11/8 -- BFN

IVF#2.2 (ICSI)--Nov/Dec 2014: MDL without BCP, 5R, 1 ICSID, frozen on day 6 (grade 2BB)

FET #1: transferred two 5 (or 6?)day embryos on January 27. Beta #1 (2/4): 158, Beta #2 (2/6): 391 Beta #3(2/9): 1187 BFP! 

First u/s at 5w1d showed one gestational sac and yolk sac. Second u/s at 6w showed heartbeat at 102. Third u/s at 7w heart rate 145. EDD 10/15/2015

• Options
    nawlinsgrlnawlinsgrl member
    edited May 2014
    For anyone who is interested, here is my MDLF cycle calendar.  ETA: Sorry for the size, I copied it from MS Word and it made it much bigger on here, not sure how to fix, but hopefully the info is more important than the formatting.

Sunday

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

BCP

BCP

BCP

BCP

Antibiotic PM

BCP

Antibiotic AM & PM

Sonohystogram 8:30

BCP

Antibiotic AM & PM

Election Day

BCP

BCP

BCP

BCP

BCP

BCP

BCP

US/Labs 7:30am

LUPRON 0.2cc AM

LUPRON 0.2cc PM

LUPRON 0.2cc AM

LUPRON 0.2cc PM

LUPRON AM & PM

225  FOLLISTIM  PM

3  vials MENOPUR PM

LUPRON AM & PM

225  FOLLISTIM  PM

3  MENOPUR PM

19  B/W Only: 7:30

LUPRON AM & PM

225  FOLLISTIM  PM

3  MENOPUR PM

LUPRON AM & PM

225  FOLLISTIM  PM

3  MENOPUR PM

LUPRON AM & PM

225  FOLLISTIM  PM

3  MENOPUR PM

22   Thanksgiving Day

LUPRON AM & PM

225  FOLLISTIM  PM

3  MENOPUR PM

LUPRON AM & PM

150  FOLLISTIM  PM

3  MENOPUR PM

LUPRON AM & PM

150  FOLLISTIM  PM

3  MENOPUR PM

LUPRON AM & PM

75  FOLLISTIM  PM

3  MENOPUR PM

LUPRON AM & PM

75  FOLLISTIM  PM

3  MENOPUR PM

LUPRON AM & PM

3  MENOPUR PM

LUPRON AM

10,000 HCG PM

EGG RETRIEVAL

10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
    IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
    IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    zeynsomzeynsom member
    So sorry @fizzachaudhary What is the plan? Do they allow you to continue to ER? We have a very similar profile. Please keep in touch.

Me 34 y/o  DH 35 y/o

IVF#1 (ICSI)-- April 2014-- MDL with BCP, 5R, 4 ICSID, 3dt with three embryos, 1 six-day freeze (2BA grade)-- BFN

IVF#2.2 (ICSI)--Nov/Dec 2014: MDL without BCP, 5R, 1 ICSID, frozen on day 6 (grade 2BB)

FET #1: transferred two 5 (or 6?)day embryos on January 27. Beta #1 (2/4): 158, Beta #2 (2/6): 391 Beta #3(2/9): 1187 BFP! 

First u/s at 5w1d showed one gestational sac and yolk sac. Second u/s at 6w showed heartbeat at 102. Third u/s at 7w heart rate 145. EDD 10/15/2015

• Options
    hi Zeynsom- Have you started your cycle/stims yet?  I'm doing the MDLF and skipped the BCP, but no estrogen priming. I'll go in tomorrow (Friday) for my first scan. My baseline showed 7 follicles so I'm hoping they will all still be there!

@Fizzachaudhary-Did you cancel or are you continuing? I've done 7 IVF cycles and I never show any growth at my first scan (usually after 4 full nights of stims).
  • Options
    @nawlinsgirl-did your RE start to decrease your follistim b/c your follicles were growing so quickly? or so your eggs wouldn't "fry"?  In all my cycles, the last few days my RE always increased my stims (a lot), wondering if that may have caused quality issues.
  • Options
    @fizzachaudhary- that's great news! When is your next scan? In 2 days? 
  • Options
    zeynsomzeynsom member
    @lindab1974 I am not starting until early July. I am going to take a vacation first and then start estrogen priming on the 17th day of my cycle (around June 20-21) and then hopefully we'll start the cycle early July. Good luck to to everybody!

Me 34 y/o  DH 35 y/o

• Options
    @fizzachaudhary-good luck! you are freezing all of these?  Are you doing CCS testing again?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"