July 2012 Moms
Options

Should our kids be able to...

Do the following:

Locate body parts

Make animal noises

Put together puzzles(like the three animal ones that have the cut outs, not a 5,000 piece Norman Rockwell Christmas scene,but if someone's kid is doing this keep it to yourself)

Point to colors, characters, animals when you ask them, "Where's the lion?"

Yeah, so my kid isn't doing any of this and I am by no means worried, but just have no idea if they should be able to or not.    

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Should our kids be able to...

• Options
    My kid's not doing any of those. I'm not concerned either!
  • Options

Mine does none of this.

Do you think she's defective? I may have the receipt somewhere...

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagejfresh:
    Oliver cannot do any of those things. I think if I asked he would look at me straight in the eye and fart.

If you ask me, that's a skill in its own right.

• Options
    Eleanor is in the backyard now, sculpting the entire cast of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse out of papier mache... But no to the things you listed. That would be asking way too much.

• Options

Your kid doesnt put together 5000 piece puzzles? You should be worried. Really. Take him to the pedi now! Emery has been doing that since she was like 2 months old. 

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Options
    imageRTaylor12:

Mine does none of this.

Do you think she's defective? I may have the receipt somewhere...

Don't return her.  She makes great faces and rides like a boss in wagons.  If she loses either of these two skills return her immediately.  

• Options

imagejfresh:
    Oliver cannot do any of those things. I think if I asked he would look at me straight in the eye and fart.

That's quite impressive and could be useful. 

• Options

imageBubbaJug:
    Eleanor is in the backyard now, sculpting the entire cast of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse out of papier mache... But no to the things you listed. That would be asking way too much.

But, she won't eat dinner.  Ridiculous.  

• Options

imagestephaniefine:
    They shouldn't be able to do any of these things yet. Those are more 18m skills.

Thank you.  My sister's son, who we hang out with several times a week, is exactly a year older than Liam.  He is literally a genius.  He could definitely do all of those things by a year.  I have to remember that he was not normal. Around 18 months he started speaking in  complete sentences.  Like, "Aunt Meg can you please give me a snack?"  Ridiculous.

• Options
    imageTrixi282:

Joey knows to put her hands on her head when I say "Where's your head?" 

Other than that, she doesn't do anything on your list....  

Joey is obviously the genius of the group!  Very impressive. 

• Options

imageJessie11LU:
    I hate to burst everyone's bubbles here but if your kids aren't doing these things then they're obviously behind on so many levels. K is doing all these things and she even wrote a sonata last night, for the piccolo, in her sleep. I'm sorry, but Liam will be living under a bridge soon if you don't catch him up.

We also live on the south shore so strike two for poor Liam. 

• Options

imagesarasansh:
    My kid just spent the last 10 minutes screaming at his diaper cream, soooo...

I like this. So you're saying our children are not that smart? Got it.  Thank you. 

• Options
    imagefishybride82:
    imagemegs52881:

imagestephaniefine:
    They shouldn't be able to do any of these things yet. Those are more 18m skills.

Thank you.  My sister's son, who we hang out with several times a week, is exactly a year older than Liam.  He is literally a genius.  He could definitely do all of those things by a year.  I have to remember that he was not normal. Around 18 months he started speaking in  complete sentences.  Like, "Aunt Meg can you please give me a snack?"  Ridiculous.

My niece is has that same genius gene.  She knew everything by 18 months.  Freaking geniuses ruining it for everyone else!  

I hate them both.  Let's get rid of them immediately.  

• Options
    My kid spent his entire bath time pulling his pecker as hard and far as he could. Daddy was proud.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options

We got none of those skillz over here.  And I've been pointing to noses and telling her nose for literally 6 months.  But she can't show me where a nose is.  

We actually don't own a puzzle for her....I plan on getting some for her birthday.  But she is starting to attempt to put her shapes in the shape sorter so that's progress.  I mean she tries to put a circle in a square slot, repeatedly...even after I show her where it goes and then hand it back to her.  But hey it's a step from just chewing on the shapes.   

Oh and she has located her vagina.  She grabs it quite often and her hands go there as soon as I take her diaper off.  But again....I don't think she could find it if I acutally ASKED her too.  :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My kid can locate one body part.  Three guesses.  First two don't count.
  • Options

Cameron yells a lot, which I guess is an animal noise?

But thats it on your above list.  

• Options
    Mine can locate her head, will pull your nose if asked to, and pick out a bunch of soft toy animals/ objects when asked "where is xxx." But she won't point, wave, clap, or hold her own blessed bottle! Just figured out how to hold a straw cup, but that's only because it's a zoli, so it doesn't have to be tilted properly. 
  • Options
    Those sound like skills for a 2 year old.
    GlitterPhoto GlitterPhoto
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Together since 5/08 ~ Married 6/19/10 ~ TTC #1 since 8/10
    BFP#1 3/26/11 ~ EDD 12/2/11 ~ Ectopic Twins left tube 7w3d
    BFP#2 11/2/11 ~ EDD 7/14/12 ~ Robert Edgar born 7/18/12
    BFP#3 9/28/13 ~ EDD 5/20/14 ~ Benjamin Clarence born 5/15/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"