Multiples

Twin growth 1 week apart, help!

Hi all, This is my first pregnancy and I just found out I am carrying fraternal twins! I am so excited, I can't even describe it. But I am also very nervous and I am hoping someone can help shed some light on what the doctor shared with me today. I am eight weeks 3 days along, and we found out about the twins today. One twin is measuring at 2 cm and the heartbeat is 176 bpm. The other twin is measuring at 1.38 cm and the heartbeat is at 167bpm. The doctor said they are measuring as if they are one week apart in development, and he said that is concerning. While he said it could be possible that one egg was fertilized much later, the higher chance is that it may not make it. I want the healthy outcome, but I am really sad. Has anyone else seen that much of a discrepancy in measurements early on and had both babies make it out healthy? Thank you! Tiare

Re: Twin growth 1 week apart, help!

• Try and stay positive.... Those are great strong heartbeats! Praying for your LOs
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Mine were measuring 2 weeks apart and twin b gestational sac measured 3 weeks behind! Twin b slowly stated to fall behind in growth and had zero fluid for a while they told me it wasn't going to make it but here I am going into week 11 both babies have strong heartbeats and twin b is catching up. They will always tell you that one may not make it but of mine have stayed holding strong one week is much more common! Stay off google and rest drink lots of fluids and try to relax! As long as there is a heart beat your chances of losing one go down a lot!

Together 6 wonderful years.
    TTC #1 18 months 1 loss DX unexplained IF-- BFP July 2009-- ITS A BOY
    TTC #2 3 years and 3 losses DX PCOS -- BFP April 2013-- TWIN BOYS!
    ~DS1-Feb 2010~ 
    ~DS2&3- Nov 2013  {7 weeks early}~ TTC #4~
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine were a few days a part at that point and continued to increase the gap until my 36 week appointment when B pulled a head for the first time. Im scheduled for my csection in a week and a half. Dont get too worried.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My baby B was always 7-9 days ahead of baby A. My dr wasn't worried because their fluid levels were good and they each continued to grow on their own schedule, Try not to worry too much!

DS1-7/21/2011 @ 1:51am

DD-5/29/2013 @ 2:40pm

DS2-5/29/2013 @ 3:21pm

#4 EDD- 9/28/2016

• TiaremTiarem member
    No need to update I suppose. But I thought I'd share. Neither twin had a heartbeat last week at our appointment. I had a DnC and Im healing up well. Im trying to stay positive that its our first try and we had twins, so we are waiting for the genetic testing to come back and we will try again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"