Colorado Babies
Options

Daycare options

I'm working in the DTC area and looking for some sort of child care in the near vicinity. I'm a single Mom and in a bit of a transition as far as housing goes at the moment, so it's been difficult to try and figure out the best arrangement.

I can't afford most of the actual established daycare centers, and was looking into alternatives. Ideally, I'd love to find someone in the area that would be interested in doing a nanny share (hiring a nanny and sharing the cost), it seems like we could get one for around $400 a week, so if I could find a family with 1 or 2 kids of their own we may be able to make this affordable. If anyone already has a nanny and would be willing to work with this arrangement that would be great. Alternatively, if anyone knows of any good home day care centers in the area I'd love a recommendation.

I'm due 6/30 so she won't be in day care until mid-August.  Let me know if anyone is interested/has any recommendations on day care options.

Re: Daycare options

• Options
    mck37mck37 member

Hi there,

Congratulations on your impending arrival, it's such an exciting time!  I have a 19-month-old daughter, and I had a similar experience when looking into daycare for her.  I'm lucky to be able to stay home with her now, and I also have a 1-year-old in my care whom I've provided daycare for since he was 2 months old.   

I love working with infants and toddlers, & I have lots of experience in the many stages they go through, especially in that critical first year, both with the two I have now and children I've worked with in the past:  sleep schedule changes, meeting developmental milestones, feeding/eating changes, etc.  I'm also good at balancing each child's needs so that they get the one-on-one cuddle and play time they need.  I have everything needed for children 2 and under, including peaceful sleeping areas, educational toys for all stages, feeding supplies if needed, double stroller, and outside toys.  We live in a very safe neighborhood in southeast Denver, on Iliff Ave, 2 miles from both I-25 & I-225 (we're 10 minutes from DTC via DTC Blvd/Tamarac).  We have a huge backyard, neighborhood park, walking trail, and a nearby library.  

The 1-year-old I currently provide care for is only here 2-3 days per week, & sometimes for only 3 hours per day, so I'm able to take in one more infant or young toddler.  I'm passionate about providing a loving environment that feels like extended family, so finding the right fit is important to me, as I'm sure it is for you, too.  

I know you mentioned your ideal option is a nanny share, but if you're interested in an in-home option & you'd like to find out more from me, I'd love to talk with you.  You can message me back and I'll forward you my information.

Congratulations again,  

Megan

• Options
    Megan, Thanks for the response! Before I waste any of your time, what sort of rate do you charge for full time care for a 6 week old? Sincerely, Kelly
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mck37mck37 member

Hi, Kelly-

I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner, I thought I might get an email message from the website if you responded, but no such luck!

It would vary based on how many hours per day you need, but for a typical Monday-Friday work week, it would be $40/day.  I'm flexible regarding pick-up/drop-off times, so it would really be whatever works best for you.  

Thanks for getting back to me, I'll make sure I log in more frequently to check for your response.

Megan 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"