Boston Babies

South Shore Hospital/Mid Wives at Crown?

Hi ladies!

I see South Shore Hospital can now guarantee midwives again. What practice do the MW go through? I called the hospital to ask and got a very vague answer. I have found at least one is at Crown and another at Atrius. Are the rest just on call with the hospital? Is anyone seeing MW's to deliver at SSH?

Back story: I have a one year old now. With him I had been going to South Shore Womens Health and planned to deliver at SSH. When I was 35 weeks almost all the MW's in the practice up and left and I was no longer guaranteed a MW at my delivery. So at 35 weeks I switched to Jordan OBGYN and Midwifery and traveled almost an hour! Crazy but I was happy I stuck with a MW because I labored for so long and was able to use the tub at Jordan.

Anyway thanks for your help!!! 

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: South Shore Hospital/Mid Wives at Crown?

• Not sure if you would want to go back but I think South Shore Women's Health has a couple of MWs now on staff. 

Best of Luck!

• Thanks Katie! I gave them a call and they said they don't have a MW on staff but I could see their PA's or NP's and then deliver with a MW at SSH. Seems like a really stupid way of doing it but they made it sound like SSH had scooped up all the MW's from their practice. Weird...
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • So sorry about that! My friend was going to South Shore Women's Health and I know a MW delivered her baby in January at SSH. My friend really liked the MW.
  • I go to south shore womens health and they only give you a mid wife at labor. You have to see a doc for regular pre natel. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • yes, crown has only one mw in office but then there's a "pool" of them at the hospital to deliver. the mw at crown used to be at sswh

I'm annoyed with this whole change too! I don't get it and no one can give me any answers. So I'm sticking with the dr.s after two mw births. although I wonder if I'll panic and ask for a mw when I'm in labor.
    BFP#1 due 3/5/2007 missed m/c at 10w, d&c 8/2006 BFP#2 DD 6/2007 BFP#3 DS 5/2009 BFP#4 due 4/8/12 m/c at 9w3d, after weeks of waiting for hcg to go down finally prescribed misoprosotol BFP#5 DUE 8/15/13 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"