May 2013 Moms
Options

My baby girl is finally home!

I'll try to post a pic at some point but here is the notsoshortshortversion:

Eve.lyn Chris.tine was born on May 22 via induction. She was 9lbs 1oz and 21 inches long.

Baby girl was stunned at birth and didn't cry, her oxygen levels were low and she wasn't clearing out the fluid in her lungs. She ended up being put on the c pap. My DH and I were terrified, there were lots of tears.

After my epi wore off I was in excruciating pain. The nurse kept checking me and said that down below looked fine. I had a ton of sharp pain and pressure in my rectal area so they gave me some morphine and ordered a CT scan. I ended up being transferred by ambulance to a larger hospital due to a 6 inch hematoma behind my rectum I acquired during the delivery. Evelyn was transferred to the adjoining Children's hospital.

The doctors at the metro hospital were afraid to do surgery on me due to the risk of uncontrollable bleeding. However they had me stay for 4 days to observe me and for pain control. After Evelyn arrived at the children's hospital they realized that there might be a bigger problem than just being stunned. After many tests it was determined that she has immature respiratory drive. Basically she breathes too shallow and while sleeping she occasionally forgets to breathe. She is on caffeine to help stimulate the respiratory center in her brain. She came home with us after a 10 day stay at Children's and is on a cardiac/breathing monitor.

These first days home have been hell and I'm hoping things get better soon. I'm so thankful that my baby girl is ok. Thoughts and prayers that that things get a little easier would be greatly appreciated.

Re: My baby girl is finally home!

• Options
    What a nightmare, I can't imagine your fear! Glad you were able to bring her home. T and P's for her continued improvement!
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I hope she continues to improve and you all get some comfort soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Bless your heart! I'm sorry things have been so difficult for you. Hopefully things will get easier and you can enjoy being a momma to your precious little lady without the extra worry. Congrats for welcoming her into the world!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    pnutgpnutg member
    I'm sorry it's been so difficult. Our LOs were both born May 22nd and over 9 lbs! Prayers that it's smooth sailing from here on out!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you everyone. It's been an emotional rollercoaster and I'm looking forward to the day when I can just enjoy being a mother. It's been hard to even though I love her so very much.
  • Options
    Firstly congratulations on the birth of your daughter. Most importantly, thoughts and prayers for her continued improvement.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"