TTC After a Loss

TTC Helpers--upping your chances?

Hi, there...

I have been on here long enough to know that NOTHING can "make you" pregnant...

BUT... (there's always a but)... Are you guys doing anything in particular to help yourself in that department? (BTW, I know this question is irrelevant for some of you dealing with IVF, which I know is a whole different ballgame of heartbreak... I can't even begin to understand how hard it must be).  I know on the TTC board (I rarely even lurk over there anymore, to be honest, I'm always here because we're the BEST) they have all kinds of suggestions from pineapple core to robitussin to green tea... I also know that pre-seed isn't magical pregnancy juice, but I'm still going to ask...

Are you girls doing anything (other than charting, obviously) to up your chances while TTC?  Personally, I'm going to start trying to have a better diet, and I'd like to lose a few pounds (my BMI is 26 and I'd like to avoid gestational diabetes if possible) and just make my body as healthy as it can be for a pregnancy if and when it happens... I bought the "fertility diet" book, but all it is is a fancy book on healthy eating.  Other than that, I'm not really doing anything in particular, and I'm even in the "drink till it's pink" camp when it comes to alcohol, so I don't abstain in the tww, although I respect those that do... Took me 12 months to conceive (DH has low motility and sperm count), though, and I like my wine...

Anyway, I'm curious, in general... what changes are you making while TTC, if any? 

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...

Re: TTC Helpers--upping your chances?

• imagelindsayhilleary:

I tried POM back in December and didn't notice a difference in my next AF. I sometimes use preseed, although usually if it's FW I've got enough CM to make it a non-issue. 

I'm trying to clean up my diet, and I think I'm going to try pineapple core this month after O.

I'm a drink til it's pink gal as well, although that probably feeds my POAS addiction, since I'll test if I know I'll be drinking as early as 8DPO.

I'm interested to see the other answers. 

Good... I was hesitant to ask the question because I know some of the folklore is not medically supported, so I think that some women on here (maybe rightly) think this is BS... but my curiousity got the better of me...

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
    Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...
  • I've done POM and pineapple core the last few cycles...still not pregnant.  Other than take my PNVs and the extra folic acid my OB has me taking because of my age, I'm not really doing anything other than charting and having sex.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Loading the player...
  • I am on all sorts of things. I take my PNV, baby aspirin, Clomid and 3g of folate per my doctor. I am also taking Co Q 10 [more for general health but its good during TTC too], robutisson and evening primrose during FW [to counteract how Clomid dries you up].  I was still too dry so we used Preseed too.  I also ate pineapple core for a couple days after O, but only because DH happened to pick a whole pineapple up so I figured why not.  
    TTC #1 as of Feb. 2013
    BFP on Mar. 4, 2013, DX with MMC (blighted ovum) at 8 weeks, D&C
    TTC again as of May 2013
    BFP on June 24, 2013, EED March 12, 2014
    Diagnosed with endometriosis, PCOS, heterozygous MTHFR and positive for ANA

GROW BABY, GROW!
    BabyFruitTicker
  • Outside of eatable "helpers", some woman do fertility acupuncture. I go weekly.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

TTC #1 since June 2012
    Current Status:  IVF with ICSI and PGS
    Genetic, RPL, SA and Fertility testing = Normal/Good
        HSG = All Clear
    BFP #1 12.30.2012  ||  Blighted Ovum 02.05.2013  ||  D&C 02.11.2013
    BFP #2 09.10.2013  ||  c/p 09.12.2013

BFP #3 12.1.2013  ||  mm/c  01.15.14  ||  D&C 01.21.14  chromosome abnormality
    May 2014:  Residual HCG and retained tissue found
    05.13.2014:  Hysteroscopy D&C to find and remove retained tissue
    June 2014:  Tissue sample results indicate a partial molar pregnancy
    May - Aug 2014:   TTA for monitoring and testing
    08.21.2014:  Hysteroscopy to remove minor scar tissue - the result of 3 D&Cs
    Sept/Oct: IUI #1  Femara + Bravelle + Ovidrel = BFN
    Oct/Nov: IUI #2  Femara + Ovidrel = BFN
    Nov/Dec: IUI #3  Femara + Bravelle + Ovidrel = BFN

My Ovulation Chart  || *~*~All AL Welcome~*~* ||  DIY Blog

imagehttp://i59.tinypic.com/v5ztqr.jpg  image

image image 

• I take CoQ10 and vitamin D, but also for general health. I use Preseed but only if I'm dry and need it.

I've also been known to use fertilitity as an excuse to have a bowl of full fat ice cream every so often :mobile smiley:
    imageimage
    BFP with #1 (twins!) 11/18/2011 - missed m/c at 8weeks3days; d&c 1/19/2012; myomectomy to remove 18cm+,10cm & 5cm fibroids 4/2012; TTC again 7/2012; BFP #2 (twins) 11/13/2012; missed m/c at 7weeks;
    BFP #3: baby girl born 3/5/2014

Balaustine: an anthology about wanting family
  • Pre-seed and PNV.

BFP#1  9/5/12, MMC, MC confirmed 10/9/12,          
                D&C 12/12/12
    BFP#2 7/30/13, EDD 4/12/14, DS born 4/14/14

imageimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Glad to see you posting again. :)

You name it, I've tried it: CBEFM, PNVs for 3 years now, Preseed, EPO, a supplement called "Fertile CM", acupuncture, massage, traditional Chinese medicine (teas and herbal supplements), POM juice, green tea, raspberry leaf tea, baby aspirin. Also not exercising (?), not eating artificial sweeteners or caffeine.

That was embarrassing.

After getting diverticulitis (and confessing the supplements to my primary care doctor) I stopped the aspirin and Chinese herbs. The doc didn't feel that green tea or POM juice were harmful, but she cautioned against the sugar in POM. She also reassured me that if my baby couldn't implant due to my doing 30 minutes of jogging or not drinking pomegranate juice, that the pregnancy would likely not be successful anyway.

Going forward, we are going to rely on charting, OPKs, and Preseed. I have also started a diet and exercise program in hopes that losing some weight will help improve my fertility.

Also, if anyone wants some supplements, PM me and I would be happy to mail them to you! 

*** TW ***
    2013: BFP #1 - M/C 3/13
    2014: IVF #1-4 = BFFN
    2015: Dance break = got healthy
    7/2016: IVF #5 = BFP!!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I take PNVs, Folic Acid, and B12 (those 2 are prescribed by my MD because I have Crohn's Disease). I chart, which includes temping, tracking CM, and using OPKs. We use Preseed if we need lube during the FW, but we just use it as lube, we don't use the applicators or anything.

Other than that, I just try to eat as well as I can, and work out as much as I can.

Please, if anyone is taking supplements, just make sure you tell your doctors! They can interact with medications, so it's really important to tell them about it.

TTC #1 since Sept 2011
    BFP#1 1/31/12. Empty sac discovered 3/5/12. MTX due to location in uterine horn.
    BFP#2 2/27/13. Empty sac confirmed 3/20/13. Mifepristone + cytotec.
    Currently TTA until Fall 2013, waiting for operative hysteroscopy
    Blog   ​Chart

• Also, soxfan, I finally replied in that  PM thread. I totally forgot about it, sorry!!!

TTC #1 since Sept 2011
    BFP#1 1/31/12. Empty sac discovered 3/5/12. MTX due to location in uterine horn.
    BFP#2 2/27/13. Empty sac confirmed 3/20/13. Mifepristone + cytotec.
    Currently TTA until Fall 2013, waiting for operative hysteroscopy
    Blog   ​Chart

• Hi there!

I'm trying a few things although not actually ttc at the moment.

I started mucinex to help with dryness as my allergy medications make me dry as a desert.

I also obviously do to PNV but also take 100 mg of vitamin b 6.

I also do acupuncture.

I might try the POM juice thing .
  • imagelindsayhilleary:

I tried POM back in December and didn't notice a difference in my next AF. I sometimes use preseed, although usually if it's FW I've got enough CM to make it a non-issue. 

I'm trying to clean up my diet, and I think I'm going to try pineapple core this month after O.

I'm a drink til it's pink gal as well, although that probably feeds my POAS addiction, since I'll test if I know I'll be drinking as early as 8DPO.

I'm interested to see the other answers. 

This made me feel better reading your response. I pee on sticks early if I think I might be drinking that day too.  

"It's, not, where you are, it's where you're going,
    And it's, not, about the things you've done, it's what you're doing, now"

TTC Journey Began 8/12
    BFP #1 11/9/12, MMC/D&C 12/21/12 @ 9w2d, EDD 7/24/13
    SAs: 2%-3% Morph - RE Official Diagnosis
    Unexplained
     BFN = IUI #1 (Clomid) | IUI #2 (Letrozole) 
    BFP #2 4/19/14 = IUI #3 (Letrozole)
    Expecting Our Elf 12/27/14
    ~All Welcome~

• I guess there are a few things I do that help fertility, but they weren't things I did purposely, just items I am now aware of.

I love cold green tea so I tend to drink it during fertile week.

I've gotten back into my exercise schedule again. I was very good about exercising right before and during my pregnancy that I lost. I think it really helps lower my stress levels which I think can also help regulate your cycles.

Edit: How are you doing after your surgery? Did you read any of our book suggestions? 

"It's, not, where you are, it's where you're going,
    And it's, not, about the things you've done, it's what you're doing, now"

TTC Journey Began 8/12
    BFP #1 11/9/12, MMC/D&C 12/21/12 @ 9w2d, EDD 7/24/13
    SAs: 2%-3% Morph - RE Official Diagnosis
    Unexplained
     BFN = IUI #1 (Clomid) | IUI #2 (Letrozole) 
    BFP #2 4/19/14 = IUI #3 (Letrozole)
    Expecting Our Elf 12/27/14
    ~All Welcome~

• Hello sox!
    I didn't take any supplements other than a prenatal daily. I did, however, have a drastic change in my diet and exercise routine. More leafy greens, more fish, ect...I think I got most of the diet change from what to expect before you're expecting.
    In addition to this I will be trying the POM thing next month.

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am doing the following:

Pre-seed (I just like it and need a little extra lube)

Prenatal (I know this doesn't help get pregnant or anything, but obviously it's good to take it)

B6 (to help extend my luteal phase b/c it's really short)

Baby aspirin (per dr's recommendations)

That's it for now. I also make DH take a vitamin.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Gradually implementing a low-glycemic-index / whole-grain diet, following PCOS diagnosis. Don't know if it will do any good (OB didn't think so), but I figure it's healthier anyway, even if it doesn't help my chances ttc.
    imageimage
    BFP #1 08/05/12. EDD 4/15/13 m/c 08/27/12
    BFP #2 06/05/13. EDD 2/16/2014 (Team Blue). Baby Wombat born 2/20/2014 7lb. 11oz and 20 in.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"