3rd Trimester

37 weeks and stomach tightening every 7 or so minutes

First time mom-to-be here...I am 37 weeks optoday and ive been laying in bed or the last half hour and every seven or so minutes my stomach is tightening.  It's happening throughout the center part of my bump with some gas like cramps along the bottom of belly.  I know BH contractions are not supposed to be regular and I also heard real contractions feel like period cramps...so, not sure what to think.  Any thoughts?

Re: 37 weeks and stomach tightening every 7 or so minutes

• Drink some water and raise your feet or change your position. If they go away they are BH.

Edited to fix spelling.
  • sounds like BH.

Drink water, change positions, and just try to relax.

If the pain gets worse, and become more frequent it's probably the real deal. You will know it's the real deal though, even FTM know the difference between BH and real labor contractions, there is no mistaking them! Trust me! ;o)

• Loading the player...
  • If you have to ask then its not the real deal...

Is it painful?
    Does it stop when you lay down?

It sounds like gas in combination with BH. All you can do is remain hydrated and wait it out. If they get really painful and/or close together then follow the 511 rule before notifying your OB on call line.

Contractions that are:
    Painful.
    5 minutes apart.
    Lasting one full minute in duration.
    That go on this way [with no breaks or deviations] for a solid hour.

Until then sit tight, eat something, take a walk or lay down.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Drink some water and try to relax. If they do not go away, are 5 minutes apart and are getting longer and more intense, call L&D.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"