Anyone Nursing and Pregnant? — The Bump
1st Trimester

Anyone Nursing and Pregnant?

My son is 7months old and I am 8 weeks pregnant. I plan to nurse and even tandem nurse if I can. I have heard of milk drying up, or babies not liking the taste anymore because the milk changes and so on. I have my son taking one bottle a day to give myself a break because my nipples are so sore, and he nurses so often. How was your experience and how did you overcome these obstacles.. or did you?

Re: Anyone Nursing and Pregnant?

• Ark2013Ark2013
    250 Answers 500 Comments 250 Love Its First Anniversary
    I'm about 12 weeks pregnant, I'll no for sure after my ultrasound on Tuesday. I'm still bf my 13 month old daughter.

I only bf about 3 times a day and I haven't noticed a change in her wanting the milk or me not having enough. Although I have heard that this can happen.

My biggest issue is the pain. It feels like when I first started bf. I clench my teeth every time she latches on. I haven't found a way to help it. I assume it is just typical breast tenderness and will either go away or it won't. I plan on stopping when she is around 18 months.

I hope things go well for you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Cbeau+3Cbeau+3 member
    Thank you for the reply. About 18mo is my goal as well and I hope I make it that far. I've made up my mind that I I wont beat myself up about it if he chooses to stop or I stop producing. I might cry myself to sleep for a few nights though LOL.
  • Loading the player...
  • LMCB12LMCB12
    500 Comments 25 Love Its First Anniversary
    I'm still breastfeeding and there have been some difficult days. My boobs are so sore and DS hasn't been feeling well so he's wanted to comfort nurse a lot. I haven't noticed much difference in supply. My goal is to make it a year. Almost there!
  • We discussed a couple of the issues in another thread if you want to take a look. :)

http://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/74399643.aspx

• Thank you for sharing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards