Breastfeeding
Options

XP: Swim diaper for EBF baby?

Is there a diaper out there that will contain EBF poop? What are my options?

Re: XP: Swim diaper for EBF baby?

• Options
    You could look at cloth diapers for swim.They have some at target.
  • Options
    skrapskrap member
    imagejfresh:

I just read up on swim diapers on Lucie's list- she has great info. Here is the link to that post- https://www.lucieslist.com/lucies-list-blog/2013/5/17/guide-to-summer-part-2-swim-diapers.html

I would be really nervous. Does you baby have a poop schedule? I'd try to swim inbetween anticipated poop time for sure. Maybe you could double up and do a disposable and then a reusable on top? I have the iplay swim diaper from Target but DS is on solids so it's not as big of an issue for us.

Thanks for the article, very informative.

My son does *not* have a poop schedule, unless "often" counts. FWIW, we'll be in the ocean or at my parents' pool, so if disaster did strike, it wouldn't be sooo mortifying... 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Imse Vimse (imsevimse.com) has some really good swim diapers. I used them with DD. They have matching tankinis (i know girlish), but it's more sun coverage. You can also go on Jilliansdrawers.com or Itsybitsybums.com and look up swim diapers, they are both cloth diaper stores. HTH!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    skrapskrap member
    imageMomtobe2912:
    imageskrap:
    imagejfresh:

I just read up on swim diapers on Lucie's list- she has great info. Here is the link to that post- https://www.lucieslist.com/lucies-list-blog/2013/5/17/guide-to-summer-part-2-swim-diapers.html

I would be really nervous. Does you baby have a poop schedule? I'd try to swim inbetween anticipated poop time for sure. Maybe you could double up and do a disposable and then a reusable on top? I have the iplay swim diaper from Target but DS is on solids so it's not as big of an issue for us.

Thanks for the article, very informative.

My son does *not* have a poop schedule, unless "often" counts. FWIW, we'll be in the ocean or at my parents' pool, so if disaster did strike, it wouldn't be sooo mortifying... 

I wouldn't worry so much of the embarrassment or ocean. I would worry more about the contamination of your parents pool. Heaven forbid your child had a bug you were unaware of and went in the swim diaper. It may not even be visible when EBF. Some pool borne illness like crypto are not visible but stay in the pool ages, can make others incredibly ill. They are also next to impossible to get rid of.

I would read up slightly on this before going in.

That being said I have had my EBF in my parents pool. He goes at 6 am and 1pm like clockwork for months. I had him in around 9 am for about 15 minutes and he loved it. I have to say I thought crypto the entire time we were in and had him in after nonstop pressure from everyone. It also flared up is "gone" eczema which I feel terrible about

Well...now I am worried hahaha. Seriously, thanks for the info, you bring up some very good points. I'll definitely do some more research and maybe we'll stick to the kiddie pool this summer, although I know my mom will want to bring him into the pool with her. And since we live near the water it's also important to me that he get used to being in it as soon as possible...lots to think about!
  • Options
    skrapskrap member
    imagedanigirl7181:
    Imse Vimse imsevimse.com has some really good swim diapers. I used them with DD. They have matching tankinis i know girlish, but it's more sun coverage. You can also go on Jilliansdrawers.com or Itsybitsybums.com and look up swim diapers, they are both cloth diaper stores. HTH!!!

Thanks, I saw Imse Vimse on Kelly's Closet I think. Will check out those websites as well!
  • Options
    I have the Bummis Swimmi - and although it has never been truly *tested* it works well for us. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
  • Options
    My Swim Baby contained EBF poop fine and LOs are explosive! I haven't tested a bummis swimmi myself, but you can get a great fit with them and containing the BF poop is all about fit! I think reusable would contain better than the disposable ones for runny poop. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"